To implement the approved risk strategy and policy of the Bank and to ensure evaluation, measurement,
monitoring and management of all risks (credit, market, operational, legal etc.) in the branch. Review of all
credit applications and ensure quality of assets.
Policy Implementation & Control
– Responsible for review establishing and maintaining a policy framework to identify, measure, monitor and control/manage all risk areas of the Bank and to be in compliance with internal rules and local regulations.
– Implement risk policy and enforce controls that ensure transactions are carried out in accordance with approved policies/ limits and in compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
– Develop, maintain and modify as required, systems and methodologies, to evaluate, measure and monitor risks, in line with the bank policy and HO guidelines.
Economic Analysis, Legal issues, & commercial practices
– In connection with the assigned credit / investment portfolio , to keep updated on the overall market condition including eco-political status of the concerned countries, commercial practices, regulatory and legal issues in order to be able to handle the review of credit proposals and monitoring of risks related to the banks credit portfolio.
Risk & Credit Admin
– Develop and maintain system to ensure proactive and efficient risk and credit administration including, limits, documentations, and collateral management.
-Review of provisioning as per IAS.
– To review and sign off standard and non standard documentation related to credit facilities signifying compliance with banks approved credit policy and procedures.
– To ensure that high quality customer service is provided to internal customers.
– Provide management & Business Unit with accurate and timely risk information in agreed formats on a regular scheduled basis.
– Prepare & Review all Risk Management reports as required by CBK (eg) Basell, ICAP, etc.
Review of Systems & Policies
– Review system, policies and procedures, periodically to ensure their adequacy, and propose and implement any modification that may be necessary.
– Develop and establish an annual audit plan using risk based approach sufficient to achieve objectives.
– Provide Management with an independent risk evaluation of ongoing operations, covering all areas of business, internal controls, reports audit findings and risk issues.
Support to Business Units
– Provide assistance to business unit for day to day management of risks as well as formulation of business strategy.
Subordinates Development & Management
– Responsible for promoting teamwork, empowerment and the cross training of employees.
Review of Credit Proposals
– To review credit/ investment proposals initiated by the business units.
– Assess credit involved therein and make appropriate recommendations thereon, before submission to the approving authority.
– To review and ensure that credit proposals comply with guidelines of the applicable banking regulatory authority/ and highlight exceptions, if any.
– Review and ensure that credit proposals are in compliance with the credit policies and procedures of the bank and highlight exceptions if any.
– Review and evaluate credit proposals with regard to pricing structuring and collateralization of credit facilities.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|