PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT
- Dispatches vehicles in a safe, objective-driven and economical manner and organizes drivers’ assignments. The Mafraq operations should run smoothly: field staff have the use of a driver for non-routine/long journeys. The balance of work between drivers is fair.
- Geographical remit: local to sub-regional.
- Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules at all times
- Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently works to insure that the fleet is used in a rational manner.
- Takes all necessary steps to implement the Sub delegation security rules and to enforce Fleet safety rules on all drivers, including those s/he does not directly manage.
- Organizes the daily car attribution of the vehicles and drivers allocated at the sub-delegation during and after normal working hours; arranges with AMM for support when needed.
- Operates vehicles when needed according to the daily car attribution plan, or otherwise.
- Monitors and records vehicle use and fuel consumption, Ensure to Record vehicle odometer.
- Keeps tracks of all vehicles movements.
- Where necessary, checks that field-trips forms are filed and correspond to the assigned mission and that log books are filled out.
- Coaches and trains drivers to prevent corruption and smuggling.
- Ensures accurate reporting in English to HoSD Mafraq, including reviews of the fleet setup, driver performance, etc.
- Supports ICRC staff in case of an incident
- Analyses and mitigates risks (vehicle looting and safety hazards) in dangerous locations, and advises the sub-delegation on issues of fleet safety and security.
- Keep the communication flow with all the fleet customers of Sub delegation, Lotus Notes.
- Maintain communication flow with the dispatchers of the delegation, ensuring the follow up of all movements, kiss movements, passengers transport.
- Maintain written communication with the various departments involved in the field activities, i.e. Logistic, Administration, assistance, protection, welcome, HoSD, by Lotus Notes.
- Monitor and control car use, daily – weekly or weekends if required.
- Contact users when needed directly by phone or SMS to remind them to abide to Jordan traffic rules and ICRC rules alike.
- Ensure drivers apply the ICRC rules, use and security of vehicles.
- Organize and follow up necessary authorizations related to field / goods / passengers.
- Organize the daily car attribution of the vehicles allocated at the corporate building during and after normal working hours.
- Internally, interacts with all delegation staff.
- Externally, interacts with the police, insurance companies, rental car agencies and fuel stations.
|Job Location:||Mafraq, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,000|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|