ROLE PURPOSE: The ECD Specialist: The Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) Specialist will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support to on all aspects of program development, design and implementation of ECCD programs for children 0 to 5 years and their families in refugee camps and host communities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Provide technical assistance to staff and volunteers in Save the Children’s Early Learning Centres ( ELCs) in Za’atri and Azraq Camps and host communities.
- Develop curricula, education materials and training materials for children, teachers and parents in Save the Children’s Early Learning Centres ( ELCs) in Za’atri and Azraq Camps and host communities.
- Develop the Capacity of staff and volunteers in Save the Children’s ELCs in Za’atri and Azraq Camps and host communities on the ECLs curricula and learning materials to suit the evolving needs of ELC children and their families through training, coaching and monitoring.
- In consultation with the Ministry of Social Development (MOSD) and other key stakeholders, review and revise ECCD training materials for day care centres and nurseries targeting children 0-4 years old, caregivers and parents.
- Network with potential partners to explore possible partnership in ECCD and ensure coordination with all stakeholders.
- In consultation with relevant government partners and other stakeholders, review and revise materials for partners responsible for approving and monitoring day care centres and nurseries; train them on materials and monitoring tools.
- Train day care centres / nurseries caregivers on ECCD materials, including training to be provided for parents.
- Train SC staff on materials and provide continuous technical support as they monitor day cares centres /nurseries to ensure agreed upon quality standards and children’s development outcomes are met.
- Support the integration of Save the Children’s experience globally with programs related to ECCD based on Jordan’s priorities and needs, especially SC’s Emergent Literacy and Math.
- Represent Save the Children’s education program, particularly for infants and young children, in a variety of fora and ensure synergies with other actors
- Support the development of ECCD programming, including the development of new proposals and implementation of strategies to assure programming is relevant.
- In collaboration with MEAL team, develop M&E tools, collect and analysis qualitative and quantitative data on ECCD.
- Collect reports, studies and researches on ECCD and prepare briefs and summaries
- Ensure that child safeguarding standards are understood and met
- Ensure ECCD programs design and implementation is inclusive, gender and conflict sensitive.
- Support other areas of Save the Children’s education programming as requested.
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|