ROLE PURPOSE: The Early learning facilitator will be responsible for groups of at least 25 of young children under 6 years enrolled in the Early Learning Centers in Camps for two shifts daily with 25 child at the morning and another 25 children at afternoon.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support the delivery of effective management of the Early learning Centre/ ELC class for Syrian refugee children by:
• Being responsible for different groups of 25 children in ELC for – running 5 days a week in 2 shift, one in the morning and one in the afternoon from Sunday through Thursday.
• Responsible for initiating play, game and educational activities for children.
• Report weekly verbal and in writing on the progress of the running of the group he/she is responsible.
• Insure the implemented activities cover all the developmental domains of the young children including psychosocial support and protection.
• Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the group and in the Centre.
• Ensure effective co-operation with other early learning facilitators and volunteers in the Centre.
• Establish a rotation system to promote the sharing of equipment and games between children
• Be a positive and cooperative role model and demonstrate conflict-solving behaviors
• Ensure that all games and equipment are accounted for and stored securely at the end of the day.
• Address and refer protection issues in the ELC to the supervisor.
• Create and develop the educational and developmental materials/aids.
• Participate in assessments held by SCI either in camps or outside camps, as needed.
• Attend trainings / meeting/workshops and any activities conducted, organized or supported by SCI.
• Participate in developing ELC technical materials such as books, manuals related to this job where needed.
• Identify children with disabilities and refer them to field coordinator.
• Ensure that the activities provided to children are inclusive and meet all learning types of children as well as the environment and learning aids.
• Build good relationships with parents and provide them with regular feedback and positive guides in how to enhance children’s learning and development.
• Evaluate children’s learning outcomes regularly and build remedial learning plans for children in need for more kind of support and follow up.
• Ensure that child safeguarding standards are met in dealing with children.
• Follow up on children’s books, activities, and home work on daily basis and support children.
• Plan the daily lesson for children’s activity ahead on daily basis.
• Follow up on children’s absence and find out the ways to keep them attending ELC.
• Ready to cover or switch to any location in camps according to work need.
• Understand that working in camps required being resilient regarding working hours and responsibilities.
• Any other tasks required to ensure all the objectives are met.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (Our Values in Practice)
• Takes responsibility for decision-making in the group of children in a participatory way including the children;
• Creates a managerial environment in order to enable and maintain Save the Children culture of child safeguarding, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values.
• Sets realistic goals for the group of children and takes responsibility for implementation of developing activities;
• Engages and motivates the children;
• Secure and protect children in a safe learning environment
• Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, parents and SC staff;
• Values diversity as a source of competitive strength;
• Well-developed listening skills and conflict solving among children.
• Encourages and initiate game, play and humour together with children.
• Honesty, openness, and transparency;
• A strong commitment to Save the Children’s vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development, and participation.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Training and Development|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|