PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT:
The Economic Security Generalist 1 carries out basic field (75%) and office work (25%) related to the implementation and monitoring of the ICRC MEI Programme in Mafraq governorate or any other governorate as assigned mostly independently and under the close supervision and guidance of the Economic Security Delegate.
- Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules at all times
- Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and monitor the MEI related EcoSec activities throughout Mafraq governorate or any other governorate as assigned, mostly independently (75% field / 25 % office work)
- Perform selection, monitoring and post distribution visits (household level) in the assigned AoR and debriefs MEI Delegate on the results upon return.
- Participate in the designing of MEI potential responses within EcoSec operational strategy.
- Support MEI Delegate in preparing regular MEI grants’ loading requests; submit updates to the Delegate.
- Participate in meetings, take minutes and ensure follow-up.
- Apply the ICRC vulnerability criteria and other working methodologies – as per the valid programme guidelines and the SOP;
- Explain the ICRC assistance criteria to beneficiaries, local representatives and assistance requesters;
- Record assessment and monitoring data onto EcoSec forms/questionnaires in a consistent and precise manner;
- Understand the specifics of the local context and maintain regular and transparent contacts with local stakeholders (esp. heads of communities, local authorities, NGO representatives…);
- Facilitate the exchange of information between EcoSec and other departments on EcoSec issues pertaining to his/her area of competency;
- Make regular progress reports (oral briefings or written reports upon request) to the EcoSec delegate about the implementation progress of EcoSec activities;
- Propose clarifications and/or amendments to the used forms and procedures;
- Translate reports, other documents for internal use and interpret in the field upon request
- Maintain accurate records of program beneficiaries, distributed assistance, monitoring and assessment visits
- Independently produce and file technical reports, all MEI related documentation in an accurate and consistent manner
- Independently provide timely contributions to all internal reports including MEI activities performed (WOR, QER, EcoSec OP, and weekly Sub Delegation report)
- Record and maintain file of minutes of meetings conducted with various interlocutors in Mafraq Governorate
Support to EcoSec Delegate
- Provide support to the EcoSec Delegate when requested.
- Make oral and written translation both in office and in the field, advice on social-economic trends, local cultural standards.
- Facilitate conducting internal MEI coordination meetings
- Participate in the designing of potential MEI responses within EcoSec operational strategy
- Internally, interact mainly with colleagues at the local and Amman level
- Externally, interact with local contacts (members of the population, community leaders, local authorities NGOs, JRCS, etc.
- Take part and develop working relationship with members of the Livelihoods, Cash, Winterization, Food security and Nutrition humanitarian community in Mafraq and other Governorates.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|