The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2007, IRC has worked with refugees and other vulnerable populations in Jordan. IRC’s programs in Jordan focus on urban interventions in the north that address gender-based violence specifically violence against women and girls for Syrian refugees and host community members as well as reproductive health care to Syrian refugees through two clinics based in Ramtha and Mafraq. Since January 2013, IRC also carries out Child Protection programs in Syrian refugee camps, providing specialized services for the identification, support and protection of unaccompanied children (UAC) and other children at risk.
The female medical doctor will provide professional medical care to the highest quality and in accordance with national and international laws and standards. The position will be responsible for providing clinical care to the patients at the IRC Reproductive Health fixed clinics operating at the primary level of health care in Azraq Refugee Camp.
The medical doctor will be specifically responsible for conducting the following activities:
• Provide daily curative services for general diseases at the clinic for the cases at the PHC level
• Provides a referral base at the clinic for more severe cases to camp hospital
• Manage and provide directions for the staff in clinic for day to day activities
• Support the needs of systems and databases as required to ensure proper care of patients
• Liaise with pharmacies, laboratories and other providers as needed to ensure quality care
• Manage inventories of supplies in a professional and tidy manner ensuring accountability
• Report needs and concerns to the senior health officer and health manager
• Participates in "Performance Improvement" activities as appropriate
• Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times
• Demonstrate good communication skills and adequate respect for patients and their families
• Perform tasks as needed by the clinic administrator that are relevant to the position
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Health Officer
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Health Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts.
Internal: Midwives, gynecologists, referral officer
|Job Location:||Mafraq, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|