– Under the supervision of the Head of Mission,
the FCO establishes and maintains regular relations with key local media contacts (journalists, bloggers, photographers, and cameramen).
– He/ she will handle local media requests and contact local media proactively to pitch MSF.
– He/she organizes events for local media (Press conference,Press briefing…). The FCO may act as a spokesperson for local media, particularly in local languages not spoken by members of the field coordination team.
– The FCO monitors local media and flags significant articles, trends, news or reports of importance for MSF or on the context to Head(s) of Mission and Communications Advisors (CA)
– The FCO actively diffuses MSF content in the country in local languages and among local media. If judged applicable, he/ she uses social media (twitter, blogs, Facebook….) to promote this content.
– The FCO supervises the production of local
communication tools and products (leaflets, brochures, posters, radio spots,articles, photos, videos) according to local strategy and budget.
– In particular, he/she will help identify the
right communications tools and will adapt/translate communications materials to targeted local audiences.
– Produce a video on MSF-supported hospitals, for internal and possibly external purposes, that will explain how MSF engages inremote partnership.
– The FCO will participate in communication data-collection and reporting as required.
This is a 6-month contract with a possibility of extension. It is a shared position between MSF Holland and MSF Spain.
Basic Salary: 1271 Jordanian Dinars.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Writing and Journalism|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|