The Field Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership achieving the objectives and implementing the activities of the project. S/he will work with the, local partners and SC project staff to ensure the quality and relevance of the project interventions and S/he will monitor the progress of small grants for the CBOs components of the project to ensure outcomes are met within the timeframe with high quality. S/he is responsible for ensuring that project reporting requirements are met in a timely and quality manner. S/he will advise senior project staff concerning relevant issues associated with the progress of the project in order to facilitate any necessary changes in programming in order to meet the aim of the project in the timeframe projects as best as possible.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Officer
Country Dimensions: Save the Children works in all 12 Governorates in Jordan with a current staff complement of approximately 400 staff and current expenditure of approximately $60 million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: Field Officer.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support the delivery of effective results, in the context relevant to the BMZ project including VTCs and nurseries.
This will be achieved through:
• Work with Field Officer to finalize the detailed implementation plan and the strategic plan as well as implementing interventions.
• Review and update enrichment technical and training materials to support CBO’sCSO’s in developing small business plans
• Ensure that all activities, are planned efficiently, effectively and are of sustainable impact; based on accepted best practices
• Coordinate with the Field Officer and the field partner to identify and oversee the selection of partners and beneficiaries.
• Provision of overall interventions in the CBOs, and ensure that all activities improve access to quality services provided as part of the design of this PIP project.
• Provide technical guidance for Field Officer to implement all education and livelihood activities relevant to this project.
• Follow up on all project related activities to make sure that all activities improve access to quality services provided as part of the design of this project.
• Ensure tracking of set indicators throughout the implementation cycle and regular reporting on impact, and in coordination with the Field Officer and the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and learning (MEAL) team, assist partners in developing appropriate strategies for monitoring and evaluating implemented activities.
• Assist Community Mobilization Officer and Field Officer in strengthening national institutions and local partners’ capacity to continue to implement project activities beyond the life of the project
• Capture success stories and lessons learned in each phase of program implementation
• Represent Save the Children and the Project in relevant coordination meetings with partners.
• Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|