PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT :
The Field officer works on issues related to missing persons and their families.
As part of the Protection Department at the level of the ICRC Delegation in Jordan, contributes to the implementation and monitoring of the delegation’s objectives, strategy, and guidelines on all aspects of the ICRC efforts in fulfilment and contribution to the ICRC NAME Strategies on the Missing to address the needs of the families of persons missing in relation to the armed conflict in Syria, in follow-up to the respective Family Needs Assessment conducted in Jordan.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Addressing the needs of the Families of Missing
- Under the supervision of the Missing Delegate and in close coordination with the Protection Coordinator/ Tracing unit, and MHPSS Delegate, contributes to the planning and implementation of the programmatic response to address the needs of the Families of Missing:
- Enhancing strong link with the relevant RFL/Tracing file, supports the immediate superior and Protection Coordinator on all aspects and activities related to the Missing files;
- Prepares, organizes and participates to the Protection, MHPSS and EcoSec joint-evaluations of the families, including translation functions, and contributes to their reporting and follow-up;
- Contributes to strengthening and consolidating the synergies with other operational departments engaged in the response;
- Complements the stakeholder knowledge base with further mapping and identifying service providers to address the needs of the families, and liaises with them in a guided and punctual manner;
- Establishes and maintains meaningful contacts with the families through phone calls and field visits.
- Suggests to the immediate superior external referrals of specific cases (collected through tracing or other activities), in line with the criteria and identified providers whenever relevant.
- Provides accurate, timely, and consistent analysis and reporting to the superiors on ICRC visits to and/or contacts with the families;
- Contributes to the institutional discussions, planning and reporting on the actions and orientations in Missing and Tracing files.
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural, and political environment relevant to the ICRC and shares relevant information with relevant team members, reports any change in the situation.
Representation, outreach and awareness raising
• Under the supervision of the Missing Delegate and in close coordination with the Protection Coordinator:
- Contributes to the design, planning and implementation of the outreach and dissemination efforts to local authorities, community leaders, (I)NGOs, families of the missing, and other stakeholders, as relevant and agreed, in order to increase knowledge about the ICRC Missing action in Jordan with the view to increase access of beneficiaries to the respective ICRC services;
- Contributes to coining the ICRC as a competent and recognized reference organization for issues relating to the Missing persons and their families through inputs to the design, planning and implementation of ICRC awareness raising activities among the named stakeholders.
Under guidance and supervision of the line manager and in close coordination with the Protection Coordinator and relevant colleagues from the Protection Department:
• Internally, interacts with the hierarchy, peers, program managers and coordinators on matters related to Missing;
• Externally, interacts with a network of contacts at local level, such as various authorities, civilian population, civil society etc.
• Understands the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
• Applies the security rules at all times.
• Respects and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
• Displays flexibility to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description, and provides support to other departments when necessary.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Community Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,500|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|