Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe, a Germany based humanitarian agency, provides funds for emergency aid worldwide since over 60 years. It supports people who have fallen victim of natural disasters, war and displacement and who are not able to cope on their own with the emergency situation they find themselves in.
DKH’s Regional Office for West and Central Asia (DKH RO), – located in Amman, Jordan – engages in Emergency Relief, Rehabilitation and Disaster Risk Reduction projects in the region. It is DKH’s approach to implement projects through local partners around the world.
Currently, under the umbrella of the Regional Office, Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Risk Management focused projects are implemented in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and OPT/Gaza, while Emergency Relief programs responding to the Syria crisis are running in Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria. The Regional Office is also responsible for coordinating response programs in case of acute emergencies in South and Southeast Asia.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RESPONSIBILITIES
Work Location: Amman, Jordan
Starting date: January 2018
Working under the supervision of the DKH Regional Coordinator, and in close collaboration with Country Program Coordinators of the DKH RO, the Finance Coordinator is responsible for undertaking and/or overseeing, supervising the following tasks:
A. DKH RO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
Finance and Compliance
• Planning, and coordinating the annual operational budget of DKH RO, and to submit financial reports (monthly, quarterly, annually) to DKH HQ on time.
• Preparation and review of the financial statements for the annual external audit of RO’s operational budget
• Developing schedules and supervising the completion of the annual external audit, and initiating actions necessary to correct identified weaknesses.
• Executing and continuously improving the DKH internal financial controls systems and procedures
Accounting, Administration, Documentation
• Supervise and Support the work of DKH RO finance team
• Controlling all financial, administrative and project related paper-based and electronic records, files, folders and documents in an accurate and orderly manner,
• Supervising and auditing all payables and receivables accounting functions
• Developing and continuously improving financial controls, processes and systems
• Ensure the accuracy of the cash in bank and petty cash;
Support to DKH RO program staff on finance matters:
• Supervising of the requests and clearance of cash advances of DKH RO Program Team;
• Reviewing and approving the expenses of DKH RO as Finance approver;
• Facilitate the link between DKH Partner’s Finance Team and DKH RO;
• Providing advice and methodology to DKH RO on any specific issues related to finance processes (invoicing and payments with partners/HQ, compliant documentation…);
• Informing DKH RO Program Coordinators about their project(s)’s main financial stakes;
• Providing DKH RO Program Officers with finance updates and recommendations on their project(s);
• Providing Finance training to DKH RO Program staff, as needs require;
• Planning, organizing and providing introduction/orientation sessions to any new DKH RO staff.
B. DKH RO PROGRAM SUPPORT
• Support to Country Program Coordinators in developing and revising finance plans;
• Supporting the Country Program Coordinators with planning, coordinating and evaluating the operational and project budgets and revising the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports;
Internal Controls: Support, Control and Guidance for DKH RO and Partners
• Evaluating internal documentation (forms, procedures, policies) of the partners;
• Evaluating finance capacities and effectiveness of the internal control mechanisms (organizational set up, processes, documentation, IT system) – on site or distance assessment;
• Discussing with partners the deficiencies identified during the assessments in the audit reports;
• Working with partners on a program and schedule to solve raised deficiencies in order to strengthen processes and sustain the organization;
• Following on regular basis that corrective actions have been implemented by partners;
• Updating DKH RO and relevant person in DKH HQ about the progress and conclusion;
• If needed supporting partners in improving existing guidelines or developing new written guidelines (local operating procedures, HR-procedures, Booking-guidelines and other…);
• Upon agreement / specific request of DKH Management, providing Finance training or proceed to an internal audit of the project.
Supervision and Assistance to DKH Partners:
• Provide clear introduction and explanations and close assistance to partners’ Finance Officers at the beginning of the project (DKH financial report format, monthly forecasts, fund request, Finance related HR, etc.).
• Receiving and controlling (monthly) financial reports sent from Partners (financial performance, variances with budget, format, cash in hands, remaining funds…);
• Controlling closely that partners are following finance and administrative requirements as per listed in the signed agreement (fluctuation of exchange rate, correct use of funds, voucher’s features…);
• Informing and reminding partners about financial deadlines (financial reports, requested funds expenditures, funds requests, audits in HQ, local audits…);
• Facilitating communication between local partners and DKH HQ on Finance issues (reports, deviation, financial risks, fund requests…);
• Helping and reminding partners about corrective actions to undertake to cover risks and improving processes;
• Providing support and advice on any Finance related issues of DKH local partners when required;
• Participating in budget revision with the DKH RO Country Program Coordinator and local partner.
• Checking accuracy and completeness of the final financial report;
• Developing schedules and supervising the completion of external audits;
• Assisting partners in the selection of the audit company, if required;
• Checking audit reports (reconciliation with financial report) and discuss the findings of the management letter;
• Ensuring that one original copy of the project or institutional audit report is sent to HQ.
||Finance and Investment
التقدم للوظيفة الان