Finance Manager – War Child UK
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE:
In response to the refugee situation in Jordan, WCUK is scaling up its operations to meet the protection and education needs of Jordanian and Syrian children. As our programme is growing we are now recruiting a Finance Manager who will be responsible for sound financial management, grant management and compliance in Jordan programme. S/he will work with work closely with programme managers and will ensure the proper implementation of WCUK financial Management policies, practices, and procedures.
The role of the Finance Manager is to ensure the smooth running of the country operations, so as to enable programme staff and other stakeholders to carry out the War Child Programme most effectively and efficiently. In this capacity the FOSM must ensure efficient, transparent and reliable Finance processes and outputs and generate timely and relevant information to facilitate informed decision making. The focus will be on budget management, tracking of spending, generating up to date and timely financial monitoring reports and alerting the management in case of major under/ over spending or any shortfalls, as well as timely donor reporting. The Finance Manager is also expected to lead a small finance team to be abel to effectively manage the new large grants and ensure risks are mitigated. As member of SMT, s/he will actively participate in strategic discussions and provide sound financial oversight and recommendations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Finance Manager will carry out the following duties:
* Accounting and Financial Management:
• Lead on all financial management and reporting across the Jordan programme, including advising and supporting the CD in maintaining efficient financial control and budget management and tracking.
• Lead on the Quarterly Budget Review and reforecasting process for all projects in Jordan.
• Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and bases and communicate cash requests to the HQ.
• Develop and adjust project budgets in liaison with Project Managers as required.
• Analyse gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses.
• Proactively engage in budget development, implementation and revision as may be required.
• Oversee and lead all audit procedures.
• Preparation of Jordan monthly financial reports including budget variance reports (BVAs) and submission to Jordan country team and UK Finance team.
• Preparation of donor reports and verification for accuracy of documentation in line with contractual oblilgations.
• Communicate accounts on a monthly basis to HQ, respecting deadlines.
• Ensure reports are submitted to relevant line Ministries in Jordan on a timely basis.
* Risk management and compliance:
• In collaboration with Complicance Advisor – flag potential areas of financial compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
• Maintain oversight on due diligence in all aspects of the disbursements, receipts and management of the Projects’ financial resources including responsibility of internal control procedures and cash flow management.
• Supervise the team to ensure correct and thorough application of accountancy procedures: filing of documents, allocation of expenses, vouchers registration, balance checking, etc.
• Take ownership of financial risks in WCUK Jordan and report back to WCUK Jordan SMT on mitigation of these risks.
* Team management and capacity building:
• Effectively lead a small but rapidly expanding finance team.
• Oversee the team and undertake appraisals and performance management of directly supervised colleagues.
• Ensure training and capacity building for finance team members in order to increase the level of technical ability and skills within the department.
• Improve information flows within the finance department and with other departments and projects.
* Strategic oversight:
• Advises on staffing costs for the projects including reallocation of financial resources based on WCUK priorities, forecasts costs and expenditures.
• Act as a member of the WCUK Jordan SMT, making strategic inputs on financial issues and risks.
• Take the lead in identifying systems and processes that could be streamlined for greater efficiency.
||Finance and Investment
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Finance Manager – War Child UK بكل سهولة الان مجانا.