The finance officer reports to the Finance Manager. Duties include administration of the SES II financial system according to Blumont policy. This includes monitoring SES II expenses and budgets and to ensure audit readiness of all transactions.
Job Function/ Description:
Under the direction of the SES II Finance Manager, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Monitor budgets on a monthly basis, and monitor all expenditure, PRFs, cheques printed, payments made, oversee receipt of goods, processing of journal entries.
• Work on the computerized financial management system (Costpoint) to present and interpret data and make recommendations as required.
• Maintain financial records and accounts (including financial archives)
• Comply with and assist with the implementing of financial policies and procedures
• Assist in preparing the monthly management accounts with agreed timescales
• Assist in the review of the budget against actual expense.
• Tracking of grant budgets and every-day project expenses.
• Review cash flow position of grants, and check accuracy of calculations.
• Ensure that all financial transactions for the project meet all accounting and audit guidelines and procedures.
• Tracking, prepare and distribute trainers and volunteers stipends, transportation and communication reimbursements
• Prepare Payment vouchers for each expense.
• Assist the Finance Manager in reviewing staff monthly time sheets and track employee annual leave, sick leave, and fringe benefits, and to input all payroll changes, appropriate taxes and social security deduction and process monthly payroll within agreed timescales
• Maintaining records/bank file, field office reports and financial documents.
• Reconcile cash transactions with the cashbook and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Working on monthly bank reconciliations for SES II bank accounts.
• Ensure that all financial transactions for the projects meet all accounting and audit guidelines and procedures.
• Allocate account codes to each transaction in accordance to the chart of Accounts.
• Maintain and update files for payment documents and scan processed vouchers to be send to HQ office on a weekly basis.
• Entering in Costpoint System and keep tracking of each entry.
• Following up with the Tax Department and make sure that all Tax payment are accurate.
• Locate files or reports as requested by supervisor; and files documents and records as required for record keeping.
• Perform other duties as needed.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|