Finance Officer – Diakonie – Regional Office West and Central Asia
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe, a Germany based humanitarian agency, provides funds for emergency aid worldwide since over 60 years. It supports people who have fallen victim of natural disasters, war and displacement and who are not able to cope on their own with the emergency situation they find themselves in.
DKH’s Regional Office for West and Central Asia (DKH RO), – located in Amman, Jordan – engages in Emergency Relief, Rehabilitation and Disaster Risk Reduction projects in the region. It is DKH’s approach to implement projects through local partners around the world.
Currently, under the umbrella of the Regional Office, Disaster Risk Reduction and Disaster Risk Management focused projects are implemented in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and OPT/Gaza, while Emergency Relief programs responding to the Syria crisis are running in Turkey, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Syria. The Regional Office is also responsible for coordinating response programs in case of acute emergencies in South and Southeast Asia.
JOB DESCRIPTION – RESPONSIBILITIES
Work Location: Amman, Jordan
Starting date: January 2018
Working under the supervision of the Finance Coordinator, the Finance Officer is to support the Regional Office with the following tasks:
A. DKH RO FINANCES
Day to day accounting of the DKH RO under supervision of the Finance Coordinator
Monitor closely travel advances (request, liquidation, payback, book-keeping etc…)
Responsible for performing monitoring of expenses of the Regional Office
Filing and archiving the DKH RO related documents under supervision of the Finance Coordinator
Audit and Compliance Process
• Support the Finance Coordinator with development of the procedures, policies and forms to facilitate DKH RO Finance management, maintain high standard of compliance and mitigate risks.
• Support the Finance Coordinator with the review of DKH local partner’s audits in the focus countries and formulate sustainable recommendations
• Support the Finance Coordinator in internal audits, compliance and financial investigations assignments;
• Provide continuous feedback and orientation to Country Program Coordinators regarding the expenditures and advance process (request, eligibility, conversion, payment etc…)
• Support the Finance Coordinator with dealing with the auditors to ensure a proper annual closure;
Budgeting and Reporting Process
• Prepare monthly finance reports and monitor the DKH RO’s budgets
• Support the Finance Coordinator with contributing to the budgeting process of upcoming grant proposals
• Provide assistance to Country Program Coordinators with all project finance-related issues, as required
• Support the Finance Coordinator with monitoring budget forecasts and cash in hands
B. SUPPORT with PARTNERS’ FINANCIALS:
• Review project budgets drafted by local partners, in coordination with Program Officers and under supervision of Finance Coordinator, as required
• Ensuring that local partner’s accounts and financial reports are accurate and fully in accordance with donor requirements
• Other tasks as required
||Accounting and Auditing
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Finance Officer – Diakonie – Regional Office West and Central Asia بكل سهولة الان مجانا.