The Financial Manager has a wide scope of authority and accountability. The broad scope of responsibility is Planning and directing accounting activities across the group by developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
He is Responsible for all areas relating to financial and statistical reporting and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, consolidation of financial statements, budget and forecast activities.
Summary of functions
• Ensures accountable and effective financial management in all aspects; including but not limited to the organization.
• Develops and maintains financial security and internal controls by implementing the best practice accounting systems across the group.
• Oversees and monitors the preparation and issuance of the periodic reports and financial statements of the company's activity (such as closing financial position , income statement , cash flow statement , statement of changes in accounts, sales achievements compared to target, movement and collection of Receivables, inventories , bank accounts, reconciliation and balances' confirmations, year-end consolidated balance sheet ..etc at branch level and group consolidated level)
• Provides direction and support to the Accounting teams across the group to ensure their effectiveness and efficiency.
• Provides analysis and associated commentary / recommendations in relation to month end financial performance against budget and P&L account lines.
• Leads the development and construction of financial aspects/financial modeling associated with the organizations various business plans and future developments.
• Controls and manages to reduce expenses
• Verifies the safety of registration in the book keeping and accounting entries cycle, and make sure of the accuracy of all accounting entries and supporting documents.
• Ensures weekly reports for the movement and collection of accounts receivables are prepared, reviewed and delivered to the top management in Kuwait, the GM, branch managers, Division managers and sales team to speed and closely follow-up the collection of debts.
• Follows up the movement of inventory turnover, forecasts purchase needs, and supervises the periodic and annual inventory.
• Establishes procedures for custody and control of assets, records and securities in order to ensure safekeeping.
• Communicates with the financial management of the clients for all financial matters, account statements, reconciliation, confirmation of balances, and collection of overdue receivables
• Directs internal audits reviews and liaise with external auditors to ensure annual monitoring is properly carried out.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Notifies the Chief Executive Officer of the company of any breaches that may occur and/or any weaknesses that might be discovered and might cause a loss to the company, and propose solutions to remedy them .
• any other accounting tasks are not mentioned in this description.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Construction; Construction/Civil Engineering|