Global Health Development (GHD) is a regional initiative created to support countries in the Eastern Mediterranean Region (EMR) strengthen their public health systems to respond to global health threats. GHD was initiated to advance the work of the Eastern Mediterranean Public Health Network (EMPHNET) in the EMR by focusing on building countries’ capacity in different public health areas to protect the health and safety of populations in the region and contribute to the health security of the globe. GHD promotes individual, national, and regional public health capacity through activities in focus areas such as applied epidemiology, surveillance capacities, outbreak investigations, non-communicable diseases and rapid response. GHD office is located in Amman, Jordan with projects and partnerships throughout the EMR. GHD works in partnership with Ministries of Health, health institutions, non-governmental organizations, international agencies, and the private sector to strengthen the capacity of health services through regional trainings and workshops, technical guidance, and field studies. GHD works directly with Ministries of Health to support Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETPs) through technical assistance, professional trainings, implementing projects and knowledge sharing resources.
Under the direct supervision of the finance and accounting manager the Financial officer will be responsible for preparing project budgets, executing audits to ensure the control of projects budget at all times, in addition to updating the Financial & Administrative Affairs Director and Finance and Accounting Manager for ongoing
project related issues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures all functions and program are performed within established budgetary parameters, monitoring revenues and expenditures in day to day operation.
- Prepares financial documentation regarding accounting activities, i.e. Weekly, Monthly and annual reports.
- Maintain a strategic working relationship with team and all key departments.
- Analyzing complex financial reports and records.
- Support Internal and external auditing team
- Track all expenditures to ensure they are within the budget lines relating to the project.
- Performing project budget control tasks
- Record tasked financial transactions to regional accounting software.
- Building project budgets, attend budget meetings, prepare budget forecasts and regularly update the Financial and Administrative Affairs Director and Finance and Accounting Manager for ongoing project related issues.
- Ensure all project related transactions entered into the accounting system are accurate and documented correctly.
- Responsible for year-end and end-of-project budget management. Conduct year-end financial closing of related budgets with Grants and Contracts Specialist if/when required.
- Organize/Archive project records according to compliance requirements of company/donor.
- Follows up on pending accounting and finance issues.
- Following up accruals, prepayments, deposits, insurance tracking
- Responsible for all external projects
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the direct manager.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|