As Food Development Executive for Starbucks based in Kuwait, you will assist in managing food innovation, development and market roll out, as well as develop fresh food experiences. You will engage in menu development and support vendors with quality assurance and recipe refinement whilst assuring overall profitability of the food category and implementation of the Starbucks food strategy across the MENA region.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Contributing to development of a competitive, premium quality range of food products which are well merchandised and managed in-store to achieve company KPIs for sales and profit, brand fit, innovation, quality and customer satisfaction
* Identifying and developing opportunities to maximise sales through food product offering and standards
* Working with the food category team to monitor and interpret food product performance as a method of optimising menu selection
* Assisting with category reviews in order to be able to adapt & develop fashionable menu lines based on emerging food trends within the markets
* Working alongside and maintaining strong relations with suppliers to develop and document both product recipes and specifications
* Conducting sensory analysis, market research and customer sampling sessions
* Assisting with the implementation of in store training to maximise the success of new food initiatives.
Qualifications & Requirements:
You will have:
* Experience of pre-packed food development as well as experience implementing food-related programmes (recipe refinement, procurement, food techniques, market food trends, etc.)
* Education in related field is highly advantageous.
The Starbucks Experience is more than a cup of coffee. From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated the rich tradition of coffee, but that also brought a feeling of community, a comfortable third place away from the demands of work and home. And with every cup, we strive to bring both our heritage and an exceptional experience to life.
The Starbucks mission statement is more than words on a piece of paper – it's the philosophy that guides how we do business every day. Our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighbourhood at a time. We are committed to doing business in ways that are good to the earth and to each other. From the way we buy our coffee, to minimizing our environmental footprint, to being involved in local communities.
Today, with more than 16,000 retail locations in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa and the Pacific Rim, Starbucks is the premier roaster and retailer of the finest coffee.
At Starbucks we are focused on delivering the best experience to every customer at each of our locations around the world. We are fortunate to have the opportunity to work with so many communities, and we are committed to providing the Starbucks Experience while respecting the local customs and tastes of each country we operate in.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 80 of the world's most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang's, The Cheesecake
|Job Role:||Research and Development|
|Company Industry:||Catering/Food Services/Restaurants|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|