Food Safety Epidemiologist – Ministry of Public Health
The epidemiologist would be the specialist directly responsible for ensuring that appropriate epidemiological studies are undertaken, effective surveillance and monitoring programmes are implemented, provide strategic direction and technical advice to the outbreak management section and work closely with the other sections within MoPH and other government and non-government agencies for the proactive management of food safety hazards.
The Epidemiologist would be expected to a senior technical advisor to the Director on issues relating to the incidence, spread and control of food borne diseases and other food safety issues.
Nature and Scope of Position:
1. Contribute towards the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or operational manuals for monitoring, surveillance and emergency response activities to international best practice standards;
2. Assist the Director and the Section Head to develop annual work plans, projects and budgets and ensure that the Section is well resourced to undertake its functions effectively and efficiently;
3. Assist with the recruitment of technical staff for the Section and with their orientation, training, performance management, conflict management and other functions to ensure that they are effective members of a high performance team;
4. Assist FSEH with the implementation of Quality Management Systems including, if required, attaining accreditation to international Quality Management Standards;
5. Plan, conduct, and direct epidemiological studies and outbreak investigations using scientifically and statistically valid methodologies and prepare detailed reports on the work undertaken. Where appropriate this has to be done in collaboration with the Central Food Laboratory all other relevant government agencies which could contribute to the studies or investigations;
6. Assist the Section Heads to provide training and professional guidance to all staff engaged in surveillance, monitoring, outbreak management and epidemiological studies;
7. Assist the Director to prepare the reports to comply with international notification requirements for notifiable food safety hazards to the appropriate national and international authorities;
8. When required represent FSEH at national and international meetings on epidemiological, outbreak incidents or other relevant technical matters.
9. Contribute towards the design and development of electronic management systems to automate workflows and keep accurate records of activities;
10. Work effectively and harmoniously with all relevant sections of FSEH to achieve the objectives and Key Performance Indicators of FSEH;
11. Maintain professional competence and update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and journals, and participating in professional organizations;
12. Undertake other duties related to food safety management as allocated by the Director or Section Head.
||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Food Safety Epidemiologist – Ministry of Public Health بكل سهولة الان مجانا.