Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The purpose of the Controlling Manger is to control inventory and optimise the inventory intake to improve margins, review store category mix and performance, propose sales & profitability improvement opportunities by store / by market, closely monitor store variable costs & Capex / ROI.
• Review Store Performance & propose sales and profitability improvement opportunities – Analyse the store performances: Mix per category per brand, margin per category. Propose category mix action in order to improve the margin. Review performance vs Feasibility propose action plan for improvement in profitability. Follow action plan and report to management.
• Review Inventory Intake / Inventory sale through, OTB, and impact on markdown usage vs Budget – Define OTB per brand and season. Review monthly merchandise intakes vs OTB plan and flag in case of over spending per brand, category, country in comparison to the actual sales trend achieved. Define markdown in consultation with buying, operations & finance: (value of target markdown, events, spends by month, opportunities to reduce the markdown in long term). Forecast the stock levels by category / brand (current month +3) to estimate future stock levels ad end of season stock levels based on the current sale through to estimate markdown usage and propose action plan to minimise the markdown usage.
• Inventory Shrinkage – Analyse the inventory shrinkage, work action plan with Compliance team to reduce the inventory shrinkages. Follow up on action plan to review the results.
• Reporting – Establish reporting tools (through BI) Daily / weekly /monthly / Quarterly.
• Manpower Costs & Productivity – Analyse the Manpower productivity per store / brand / country. Optimize manpower / cover & costs in the store in relation to sales productivity of the store.
• Capex – Work closely with store development team to optimise the capex spend, explore capex saving opportunities. Review ROI per store.
The Forecast Controlling Manager will report to theGeneral Manager – Finance, and will be based in Dubai, U.A.E.
|Job Location:||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|