General Legal Counsel and Secretary to the Board – College of the North Atlantic – Qatar
The position of General Legal Counsel is responsible for the oversight of all legal aspects of the College. In his/her capacity the General Legal Counsel provides corporate leadership advise and related support services to the Board of Trustees and the College’s Senior Management team through, and in collaboration with the College President.
This position will ensure that the reputation of the College is safeguarded while providing appropriate legal advice to management on pertinent issues including strategic and tactical functions. The Counsellor will ensure that the College is legally compliant in all areas of local law and the exposure to risk is mitigated.
Under the supervision of the President, CNA-Q and the BOT, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties, this includes but not limited to:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide accurate and timely counsel to executives and Senior Management employees regarding a variety of legal topics.
• Collaborate with management on strategic initiatives.
• Develop and monitor internal governance policies in the College and by the Board related to:
o College’s institutional practices
o Relevant State law and legislation
o Ministry of Higher Education policies and practices
o Legal and corporate governance research
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations.
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues.
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, government representatives, etc.) building relations and trust with each entity.
• Draft or review agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the College’s legal rights are protected.
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to the College representatives as required.
• Maintain current and up to date knowledge of the local legislation and applicable laws.
Secretary to the Board
• Facilitate and coordinate the organization and planning of the Board, executive, subcommittee meetings.
• Attend all Board, executive and sub-committee meetings; provides analytical and research support to these bodies; coordinate the recording of their proceedings and communicates their decisions to stakeholders
• Maintain all records of the College and administers the licensing of the College’s names and marks.
• Provide advice to stakeholders on a variety of College policies and governance matters.
• Other duties as assigned
||Education, Training, and Library
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة General Legal Counsel and Secretary to the Board – College of the North Atlantic – Qatar بكل سهولة الان مجانا.