Governance Advisor – International Relief and Development
Blumont is looking for a Governance Advisor on the DFID-funded Strengthening Governance Structures (SGS) program. This position will be responsible for advising the Project Director and the SGS/Tatweer project staff on the overall strategic delivery of the programme while helping to represent the project to DFID, other projects working in Syria and the wider Syrian community in the region. This position may be located in Amman, Jordan, Istanbul or Gaziantep, Turkey.
Job Function/ Description
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Serves as an advisor to the Project Director and other senior staff in developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating the overall programme.
• Assists in developing a strategic plan for strengthening the governance capacity of Syrian local councils and their staff and civil society groups to include coordinated and inclusive engagement with these client institutions.
• Provides operational guidance and comment on specific grant proposals for specific communities.
• Develops and evaluates program strategies.
• Advises on the planning, implementation and evaluation of programme activities.
• Meets with and briefs a wide range of stakeholders and provides assessments of the status of capacity building activities, service delivery grants and related initiatives.
• Develops professional relationships with key stakeholders, including representatives from the Syrian opposition, including the SIG, relevant international/regional/local organizations to promote programme coordination and a stronger consensus on priorities for activities within Syria.
• Identifies gaps in donor community provision of support to governance activities in Syria where SGS support, can be provided to better improve governance outcomes.
• Provides substantive analysis and reporting on local Syrian conflict and stabilization initiatives and the background context and perspective to achieved objectives.
• Compiles and drafts periodic program progress reports as assigned by the Project Director.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in political science, international affairs, international development, public administration, planning or any related field as approved by the Project Director.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Syrian political, social, and economic environment.
• Substantive knowledge and experience working on conflict and stabilization issues, such as civilian administration, governance, community development, and/or democratic processes.
• Experience of working through local partner organizations to achieve objectives in Syria.
• Experience in working with local governance structures in Syria and in particular in moderate opposition controlled areas of Syria.
• Experience managing/implementing activities with governance components at both Local Council and Provincial Council levels able to build relationships with local governance institutions.
• Experience of grants-making for service delivery in Syria.
• Experience of capacity development/training/mentoring of Local and Provincial Council officials in Syria.
• Experience mobilising civil society groups to support and protect civil society space in Syria.
• Experience of innovation and experimentation in governance programming.Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic language abilities mandatory.
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Governance Advisor – International Relief and Development بكل سهولة الان مجانا.