The International Rescue Committee began relief operations in Jordan in 2007 to respond to a massive influx of Iraqi refugees. Today, the IRC’s programming in Jordan is focused on refugees fleeing civil war in Syria. In June of 2012, the IRC opened primary health care clinics in the northern border cities of Mafraq and Ramtha, and a satellite office in nearby Mafraq. Today, the IRC’s programming includes protection, women’s protection & empowerment, health,child protection and economic recovery and development.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direct supervision of the Grants Coordinator and working closely with the Grants Manager, the Grants Officer is responsible for providing administrative support to the grants team. Duties include maintaining grants files and tracking documents (in Excel) and IRC’s databases, scheduling and organizing regular grants meetings, supporting the grants, programs and operations teams in processing donor agreements and in the day to day grants management and reporting tasks for donor reporting as well as sub-grants. The Grants Officer will also prepare and submit JORISS submission and provide support in governmental reporting. The Grants Officer will provide additional reporting support in English and Arabic as needed.
- Take part in the day-to-day aspects of donor reporting processes to ensure the timely submission of high quality programmatic reports and coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure timely submission of financial reports.
- Ensure quality information management through regular maintenance of soft copy grant files, and grant tracking tools.
Prepare grants review meeting agendas, document and circulate minutes and follow up on action points.
- Support the grants/sub-grants team as needed in the development, management and reporting of grants, using the BVA system.
- Support the grants team in the development and coordination of high quality proposals for submission to donors including support the development of technical applications, budgets, budget narratives, workplans and organograms.
- Oversee all approvals for the grants in the pipeline through the IRC’s opportunity tracking and management system. Ensure the approvals are received in timely manner.
- Assist with strengthening the capacity of field staff by supporting trainings and providing follow up support in report writing, , and other topics as needed.
- perform other duties as requested by the Grants Coordinator and Grants Manager
- Position Reports to: Grants Coordinator
- Position Directly Supervises: NA
- Indirect Reporting: Grants Manager
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Accounting and Auditing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|