ARCE seeks a collegial, creative, strategic, visionary Head Librarian to lead the organization’s multi-year effort to preserve and provide access to the library’s print and digital materials. The Head Librarian plans and oversees the Library’s conversion from analog to digital, as well as planned digitization efforts. The Head Librarian will, in collaboration with staff, provide research consultation services for scholars and researchers.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Supervise the digitization of the existing catalog and collection; identifies new resources to support research in Egyptology and Near/Middle Eastern Studies.
– Develops strategy to broaden access to the general collection and ARCE’s project archives.
– Stewards research-level collections in all formats and develops a creative approach to collection development through academic outreach or in collaboration with counterpart research institutions.
– Stays up-to-date on international standards in area studies and Special Collections and Archives management.
– Occasionally provides research consultations in person and online.
– Oversees the purchase of new and ongoing library resources.
– Manages the fiscal health of the library.
– Supervises the work activities and job performance of 4 Library staff.
|Career Level:||Mid Career|