Head of Accounts Section – Qatar Museums
– Comply with QM’s set policies, procedures, management and regulatory requirements,
and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
– Ensure that all accounts receivable transactions are recorded in compliance with QM’s accounting procedures and the IFRS.
– Assist the Director Finance in overseeing the
implementation of procedures and controls in the department.
– Ensure that all financial accounting transactions are in compliance with QM’s policies, procedures, regulatory requirements, and international financial and accounting reporting standards.
– Assist the Director Finance in meeting set targets and objectives as well as the financial performance of the Accounts Payable
– Oversee the AP & AR period-end close including accounts analysis.
– Stay abreast of the latest applicable finance and accounting leading practices
– Ensure the accuracy of AP, AR transactions and ongoing integrity of General Ledger (GL) interfaces.
– Ensure that the AP, AR books of account are kept up-to-date and that accounting transactions are properly checked and reviewed to ensure accuracy of records.
– Supervise the preparation and generation of
reports relevant to AP, AR.
– Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors as and when required.
– Build and maintain strong and effective
relationship with all other related units to achieve the Department’s goals/
– Uphold highest professionalism and integrity in delivering services to internal and external Finance Customers. Proactively
seek customer satisfaction in the processing of requests with a sense of care-taking and urgency.
– Keep the Director Finance informed of significant AP, AR related issues that may jeopardize the achievement of QM’s goals.
– Allocate work to employees, conduct performance reviews and manage leave and overtime in coordination with the Director
Finance to ensure efficiency of the Department.
– Supervise direct reports in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate
feedback and counseling. Provide recommendations for the Manager Transactions on hiring and promotions.
– Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information
– Process Vouchers / Supplier Invoices Responsibilities:
– Review and approve invoices (with or without POs)
and secure further approvals as per delegation of authority.
– Review created invoice template and coordinate with the Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts Payable for required
changes, if any. Approve predefined invoice template.
– Prepayments and Expense Claims Responsibilities:
– Review and approve prepayment invoices.
– Instruct the Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts Payable to initiate payment.
– Query and review the invoices relating to expense claims and coordinate with Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts Payable to rectify any issues identified.
– Payments Responsibilities:
– Review & Validate Invoice in the Oracle R12. Use the “Force Payment” Option, if
– Accounts Payable Period End Responsibilities:
– Review and approve list of transactions for period
– Coordinate with the Accountant / Senior Accountant
– Accounts Payable for processing outstanding transactions, if any. Inform Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts Payable to proceed with period end closing.
§ Match sub ledger to GL balances and coordinate with the Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts Payable for rectificationof balance mismatches, if any.
– Review and approve the Reconciliation Report and forward to Director Finance for further approval.
– Take accrual details from all departments along with necessary supporting. Pass the accrual entries on a regular basis.
– Upon payment, reverse the recorded accrual.
– Tax Responsibilities:
– Perform tax calculations and support in the review of all transactions with respect to tax filings and tax entities (whenever
– Prepare tax payments schedule in accordance with the tax calendar.
– Prepare all corporate tax compliance and reporting requirements, ensuring that all requirements are complied with on a timely basis and any necessary follow up actions are done.
– Petty Cash Responsibilities:
– Approve system petty cash account set up.
– Review, the Petty Cash Reconciliation Report. Investigate and resolve, together with the respective Department Manager, discrepancy(ies)/issue(s) identified, if
any. Approve the Petty Cash Reconciliation Reports (joint authority to approve with the respective Department Manager).
– Review and approve the Petty Cash Replenishment Forms submitted by
– Customer Master Data Maintenance Responsibilities:
– Review updates made by the Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts Receivable in the Customer Master File.
– Invoices and Debit/Credit Memo Processing Responsibilities:
– Review the customer invoices and debit/credit memos, and coordinate with Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts
Receivable for required changes (if any).
– Approve the invoices and debit/credit memos to
Enterprise Group for client communication.
– Receipts Processing Responsibilities:
– Review the payment receipts processed in the system and coordinate with the Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts
Receivable for required changes, if any.
– Accounts Receivable Period End Process Responsibilities:
– Review and approve List of Transactions for period end closing.
– Coordinate with Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts Receivable for processing outstanding transactions, if any. Inform Accountant / Senior Accountant – Accounts Receivable to proceed with period end closing.
– Review the Accounts Receivable (AR) Reconciliation Report and coordinate with the Accountant / Senior Accountant – Financial
Accounting to take necessary action for issue(s) identified, if any.
– Approve the AR Reconciliation Report and forward to Director Finance for further approval.
– Approve the AR Ageing Report and forward to Director Finance for review
– Provide assistance to the Director Finance as and when required on AP,
AR related matters.
||Finance and Investment
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Head of Accounts Section – Qatar Museums بكل سهولة الان مجانا.