Head of Group Freight – Logistics – Kuwait – M.H. Alshaya Co.
Heading the Group Freight team is a crucial role that ensures the continuity of our retail business. The freight team ensure that we have stock on the shelves of our stores ready for our customers. Working with over 50+ brands across 7 markets brings its own set of exciting challenges. We're on the lookout for an exceptional Head of Group Freight who will step up to that challenge. We're looking for a leader to carry the freight business forward and focus on blue-chip business strategies to help the team in provide exceptional service to our stakeholders!
As the Head of Group Freight, you are expected to manage and lead our strong regional freight teams, taking full responsibility for freight operations, service and costs on behalf of our brand stakeholders. The role requires you to develop service and cost efficiencies through effective management of all our Freight Forwarders and Clearance Brokers. You will promote new routes and initiate service improvements in advance of business growth for our new and existing brands. You will develop strategic solutions and manage the implementation of new work streams. Acting as a senior point of contact representing Group Freight you will liaise closely with our colleagues across the business.
* To deliver and maintain Corporate Logistics strategies to promote the services provided by Group Freight across the wider Business with the company in accordance to all policies.
* To set and achieve operational service targets and cost saving goals directly managing all freight service providers (all modes).
* To ensure all Group Freight team's internal KPIs are achieved encompassing PO Closures.
* To develop and improve automation of all Freight process by developing established Transport Management systems as opposed to manual processes.
* To assume direct accountability for the division budget and costs related to demurrage and detention at a regional level and initiate remedial actions where required.
* Deliver continual review of current operating practices and create solutions to improve performance of the supply chain through carrier and route selection.
* Developing setting and achieving SLA / KPI operational targets, profitability goals and managing performance of internal and external operations to drive performance as well as efficiency within the organization.
* To have a deep knowledge of all Brands on all operating divisions at category level to ensure that all freight related process adds maximum value to profitable growth and revenue streams.
* Develop a strong understanding of individual markets, unique freight routes addressing divisional and brand requirements constantly. Identify issues with current operating practice and deliver new innovative freight solutions.
* Candidate should be able to read, write and speak Arabic, with good English communication Skills.
* 10 years Freight Operations Management Experience in retail/logistics/supply chain or similar positions.
* 10 years Multi Modal International Global and Shipping Freight Management and Secondary Distribution experience.
* Graduate qualification in Transportation and Logistics desirable.
* Direct experience of working within shipping and managing highly complex global multiple brand supply chains to secure immediate, tactical and strategic solutions.
* Direct management and development of Operation and Regional Freight Teams.
* Familiar with Global Shipping and Customs Clearance Brokerage networks.
* Expert Freight Forwarder, Carrier Global Management, Expert Freight Contract Management including Commercial Law and SOP Development.
* Familiar Supply chain visibility concepts and Transport Management Systems.
||Logistics and Transportation
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Head of Group Freight – Logistics – Kuwait – M.H. Alshaya Co. بكل سهولة الان مجانا.