To plan and manage the maintenance activities related to plants, ETSs and PDNs, including control systems, instrumentation and general equipment maintenance in order to achieve the desired reliability levels and ensure smooth and efficient operations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Strategy and Performance Management
– Contribute to the development and execution of the Operations and Services department long-term strategic plan by providing input related to Maintenance and Services to ensure alignment with the corporate strategies.
– Contribute to the development of annual business plans for the Maintenance and Services to support the achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
– Support in the monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators related to the Maintenance and Services in order to track performance and recommend corrective action.
– Oversee the department performance by managing performance of direct and indirect reports, defining workforce requirements, recruiting, training and developing talent, in conjunction with the Human Resources function, to ensure competent, qualified and highly motivated staff enable the achievement of the department objectives.
– Support the Chief Operations and Services in defining an optimum structure for the department to ensure optimal utilization of resources and communication between staff.
– Lead the preparation and consolidation of the Maintenance and Services budget in line with the department’s annual business plan.
– Ensure effective and continuous financial performance monitoring for Maintenance and Services against the budget so that the organization is aware of anticipated costs and/or revenues, areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised on.
Maintenance Planning and Management
– Manage the overall maintenance activities within Qatar Cool including preventive and corrective maintenance for plants. ETSs and PDNs in coordination with the Operations, Reliability and QEHSS teams in order to ensure they are functioning efficiently in a cost effective manner and the risk of downtime is minimized.
– Oversee the plants’ equipment and systems through continuous monitoring of operations to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve issues in a timely manner, and identify improvement opportunities.
– Monitor, analyse and improve key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, preventive maintenance compliance, etc. in order to ensure continuous improvement of maintenance activities.
– Oversee the procurement of maintenance related items in order to ensure enough stock is available and that the maintenance activity is conducted as per schedule.
– Work with the Operations Team to agree on maintenance priorities and expectations pertaining to Qatar Cool Plants, ETSs and PDNs including control systems, issues relating to calibration, instrumentation and automation in order to ensure maintenance objectives are achieved.
– Respond to major emergencies at any given time and lead the investigation to identify root causes in order to resolve the issue and prevent it from reoccurring in the future.
– Oversee the maintenance plans within the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and ensure that the plans are up to date in order to provide stakeholders with clarity and visibility on the maintenance schedule.
– Maintain a database related to maintenance best practices by plant/ equipment type including technical scope and maintenance practices in order to ensure guidance is provided to the maintenance team.
Reliability and Integrity
– Oversee the reliability and integrity activities including RBI, inspection activities, bad actor listing, equipment criticality, etc. in order to ensure maintenance plans are designed based on priority and criticality levels.
– Monitor plant/equipment reliability and availability, preventing and eliminating critical failures by applying root cause analysis (RCA) methodology in order to ensure reliability/availability targets are being achieved.
– Review and evaluate project design provided by consultants and system designers, and provide input on the same in order to ensure maintenance standards and requirements are met.
– Provide technical advice to the Project Management team during the preparation of the tender documents and contracts in order to ensure appropriate maintenance requirements are incorporated.
– Oversee the preparation and implementation of maintenance improvement projects for plants, ETSs and PDNs in order to ensure maintenance activities are optimized in a cost effective manner.
– Conduct inspection on plants under construction, coordinate with the project management team on the maintenance issues and provide maintenance related input in order to ensure maintenance requirements are met.
Safety, Quality and Environment
– Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls across the Maintenance and Services to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
– Manage the identification and implementation of change initiatives on systems, processes and practices taking into account ‘international leading practice’, and changes in the business environment.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
– Manage the development and implementation of departmental policies, systems, processes and procedures, and continuously identify and recommend improvements to ensure compliance with Qatar Cool’s standards, align to business requirements, and increase operational effectiveness.
– Ensure that reports pertaining to Maintenance and Services are prepared in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner, and meet business and departmental requirements and standards.
– Present regular and ad-hoc management reports on new opportunities, highlight critical issues and challenges, and provide strategic insight to ensure effective decision-making.
– Perform other related duties or assignments as directed.
– Comply with the ISO 9001: 2015 QMS requirements in applicable job areas / functions.
التقدم للوظيفة الان