Head of Western Music – Qatar Foundation
Key Result Areas:
– Develop and implement policies and procedures in collaboration with QMA leadership
– Manage the development and implementation of the Western Music department curriculum and develop new courses to address future departmental growth
– Develop and manage the departmental budget
– In liaison with Marketing staff, develop and prepare information for flyers, brochures, etc. in order to recruit students
– Develop and coordinate admissions and registration procedures and ensure active recruitment and retention of Qatari Students
– Formation of QMA Youth Orchestra with the potential to perform oversea representing Qatar Foundation, QMA and Qatar.
– Establish / maintain an effective communications program with students, parents, and various news media in order to retain students and increase awareness of the Western Music program
– Evaluate the level and needs of incoming students and determine placement with an appropriate instructor or instrument
– Coordinate scheduling of classes. Coordinate logistics for recitals and any other events / community outreach programs related to the Western Music department in order to foster the relationship between the QMA, the Western Music department, and the community
– Mediate and resolve any issues that may arise among students, parents and teachers to ensure the best educational situation for each student
– Work with direct reports to identify, discuss and agree on staff performance objectives in order to define clear expectations and establish goals for job performance
– Work with direct reports to identify any training needs or other needed support in order to achieve performance objectives
– Direct and set educational standards and goals for the music faculty in areas such as classroom practices and its varied pedagogy and assessment methods
– Work with QF and QMA management to develop and administer Strategic Business Plan, scholarship programs and sponsorship initiatives
– Monitor student achievement by reviewing progress reports, by attending recitals and performances, and by attending other public events
– Maintain current inventory of instructional supplies
– Evaluate and recommend new instructional methods and materials
– To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the post, as may be required from time to time by the Director.
– These variations will not change the general character of the post or the level of responsibility entailed.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work is in a multicultural office and music education environment. Work hours and days will vary according to QMA requirements.
Communications and Working Relationships:
– Director – regular contact to report on departmental developments and seek approvals
– QMA leadership – contact as needed on development of policies & procedures, etc.
– Students & parents – frequent contact for administrative purposes and pedagogical oversight.
– Media outlets, community groups, schools, universities, museums, public and private organizations – contact as needed for outreach and collaboration
Problem Solving & Complexity:
– Evaluates different opinions when solving problems
– Refrains from drawing conclusions in the absence of clear evidence, takes time to collect facts before developing a solution
– Consider the medium term as well as immediate short term impact outcomes and actions
– Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solution on other projects/ related problems
Decision-Making Authority & Responsibility:
– Accepts responsibility/ accountability for own decisions and explain rationale
– Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment
– Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts
– Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight
||Teaching and Academics
||Education, Training, and Library
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Head of Western Music – Qatar Foundation بكل سهولة الان مجانا.