Background/IRC Summary: Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community the IRC has been providing assistance from Jordan to vulnerable peoples living in southern Syria. The IRC’s assistance to southern Syria program is primarily focused on health. The IRC continues to support facilities through sub-partner engagement to provide commodities as well as incentives.
• Work closely with the Health coordinator to assist in the implementation of health activities inside Syria where technical medical expertise is required.
• Work with the Health Coordinator to review, validate and verify health data and make the necessary corrections and recommendations.
• Assist in training data collectors, reports submitters and hospital administrators in areas of their scope of data management and analysis.
• Maintain regular communication with the community outreach and information management teams to be informed of suspected disease outbreaks, community acquired infections and massive trauma and report urgent issues to the Health Coordinator.
• Assist in the development of in-country health strategies, policies and procedures in compliance with IRC standards.
• Monitor health policies and procedures to ensure that they are kept updated and relevant to the in country situation and IRC health programme.
• Ensure that health staff are properly trained on IRC and international health protocols and guidelines.
• Ensure partner staff and facility staff receive proper training and follow up on health protocols and guidelines.
• Create and adapt monitoring tools that assist in tracking of patients and their treatment protocols, and advise medical staff accordingly.
• Establish and strengthen relationships with local councils, Directorates of Health and facility management.
• Coordinate with the Health Directorate and other organizations in the successful implementation of routine immunization. This includes equipping facilities, supporting staff and training needs.
• Conduct regular meetings with the community outreach team to ensure proper exchange of information and activity planning.
• Develop and maintain an effective orientation package, and ensure that new staff are appropriately orientated on health protocols and guidelines in a timely manner.
• Assist partners in the development of health and training proposals. Provide continuous assistance as needed.
• Manage a health team composed of a Medical Commodity Manager, Senior GIS Officer, Senior Data and Information Management Officer and Primary Health Care Officer. Responsible for the accomplishment of the team’s duties.
• Responsible for ensuring that supported health facilities are properly equipped and receive the appropriate amount of drugs and supply with the support of the PHC Officer and Medical Commodity Manager.
• Assist in the initiation of mental health activities, and ensure consistent support is planned, including medications and supervision.
• Support partners in the management and implementation of mobile clinic activities.
• Support in the development of HIS systems and other data collection tools.
• Assist and represent IRC in any relevant health meetings in the IRC activity areas.
Documentation and Reporting
• Weekly report to the health Coordinator to provide a brief analysis particular health cases seen during the week.
• Assist the Health Coordinator in programme needs assessments, reports and proposals.
Staff Management and Development
• Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
• Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and leading documented semi-annual performance reviews.
• Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
• Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
• Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Health Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Medical Commodity Manager, PHC Officer, Senior GIS Officer, Senior Data and Information Management Officer
Indirect Reporting: Senior Monitoring Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Health staff, Supply Chain department, finance, Human Resources, protection team
External: Partner Organization Staff, Health Facility medical staff, Health Working Groups, WHO
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|