PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT
The Humanitarian Leadership and Management School (HLMS) Online Facilitator is an active member of the team working to meet its objectives in developing leadership skills at all levels of the organisation and to build a network of managers from all sectors across the organisation learning and developing together.
He/she mainly facilitates the Alumni’s online activities.
The HLMS Facilitator actively supports and assists the participants in continuing their learning outside the frame of the HLMS modules.
He/she actively engages the community in learning, problem solving and other online activities ensuring a lively, relevant and active community.
He/she also facilitates the HLMS Modules 1 and 2.
Geographic remit: Global. The position requires travel within Asia, Africa and Middle East plus HQ.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Designs the HLMS Alumni webpage and different sub-communities and proposes activities to ensure engagement of members.
2. Online facilitation of online HLMS community, discussions, problem solving and other group activities.
3. Designs different learning activities that engage the community members (small or large groups) in a continuous learning journey.
4. Actively injects relevant content to the forum that builds on the different HMLS Modules’ leadership themes and topics and brings insights to the community members.
5. Creates and facilitates problem solving platforms that contribute to solving real time issues for different leaders in the community and/or outside the community.
6. Organises and connects the community with senior managers for open and/or framed discussions on relevant institutional and leadership related topics.
7. Coordinates with the community lead and other facilitators to ensure the strategic direction of the Program.
8. Facilitates all phases of HLMS Modules 1 and 2
NATURE OF THE ROLE
Manages the HLMS online community activities in an engaging and collaborative manner. Requires very good collaboration skills and willingness and ability to work in a team and in distance. Is self-activated, self-directed and works independently with little supervision.
Able to deliver field oriented products.
Able to handle a large group online, manage different groups at the same time.
Prepared to use non-standard approaches to resolving issues and solving problems. Suggests improvements, proposes solutions and is able to implement them. Seeks opportunities for innovation.
Prepared and motivated to develop knowledge and skills in adult education and/or leadership training through formal development programs.
Objectives of the Role
(Key Result Tasks)
1. Design the Alumni webpage according to their needs and in line with the ICRC Communication guidelines.
2. Design ensures maximum engagement and value for the HLMS Alumni members.
1. Proactively selects and proposes leadership content for the community related to the subjects taught in HLMS .Ensures timely update of the content.
2. Builds links to the relevant institutional changes.
1. Ensures active engagement of a maximum number of the participants.
2. Monitors the contributions and ensures they are aligned with the purpose of the community.
3. Proactively proposes new activities that involve participants, HLMS team members and other managers (including seniors) in the organisation.
4. Regularly and timely updates members of the community.
5. Proactively and timely builds learning and problem solving groups.
6. Regularly seeks feedback (community members and HLMS colleagues) and use it to improve the HLMS Community offer.
7. Ensures that the learning process of the bigger community and other smaller ones is aligned with the objectives.
1. Constantly coordinates with the community lead at HQ, exchanging information.
2. Constantly coordinates
3. Share significant learning outcomes (and/or process) and lessons learnt with other HLMS team members.
4. Actively contribute to the development of a facilitators’ community of practice.
5. Active participation in the HLMS Global meetings and other forums when requested.
6. Active coordination with other facilitators in the team.
Facilitation of HLMS Modules 1 and 2
1. During the DL phase, on boarding participants, facilitate discussions and follow up of participants’ assignments.
2. Facilitate the Face-to-Face courses globally.
3. Follow up and support the participants in the completing their WBL assignments. And act as a second marker supporting other colleagues.
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHER ENTITIES
Interacts with all ICRC LnD staff, uses their expertise and solicits their support when necessary.
• Be aware of the delegation’s and overall LnD and HLMS program objectives and activities
• Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
• Apply the security rules at all times
• Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
• The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Training and Development|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $2,000|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|