PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT
The Housekeeper ensures that ICRC offices are clean, coffee serving is done in timely manner and ICRC premises are clean and tidy.
- Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities.
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
- Apply the security rules at all times.
- Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when & if necessary.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Main responsibilities
- This includes cleaning all offices, corridors, bathrooms, kitchen, and stores (if any).
- Corridors and staircases: dusting and mopping floors, cleaning the copier machines, shredders, water dispensers, doors and walls
- Clean the office contents: all furniture such as desks, cupboards, chairs, dusting and mopping floors, stand lights.
- Clean and washing bathrooms and toilette emptying trash bins.
- Clean kitchens, cupboards, do the cups and dishes washing, fridge, microwave, sink and daily disposal of office garbage.
- Empty the shredded papers
- Water plants
- Air the house, open curtains and window (Sitting room + Bed).
- Empty all bins and ashtrays.
- Arrange beds.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Dust all the house fixtures, fitting, dry dust electrical appliances (television…)
- Cleans bathrooms and toilettes
- Maintain supplies (toilet paper, tissues, soap).
- Clean kitchen (dishes, sink, collect garbage and floor).
- Report any damages and maintenance (lights, broken things and window).
- Vacuums cleaning the carpet and spot-checking.
- Change bedding.
- Brush or vacuum and dust the sofas, under the cushions and rotate them.
- Clean the windows rails and mosquito nets from dust and doors.
- Clean the carpet (with brush) and wash rugs.
- Cleans behind and under movable furniture and home appliances.
- Clean windows and doors and rails.
- Cleans kitchen cupboards inside and outside with soap and water.
- Scrub kitchen and bathroom floor with brush.
- Clean inside cupboard and library if available.
- Dust high edges like rolling shutters boxes.
- Washes bathrooms curtains and walls.
Twice a years task:
• Clean fridge/freezer completely from ice.
• Clean windows and doors.
• Washe curtains.
• Clean carpets when soiled (if necessary).
• Turn over the bed mattresses and either vacuum or brush.
- Do laundry with washing machine or by hand if there is something silk and can’t be washed in the machine, separate dark color and different type of fabrics.
- Iron clothes and bedding sheets with appropriate heating (return cloth before ironing).
- Internally, interacts with ICRC employees.
- NO External relationships
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,000|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|