Import/Export Officer – The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Standard function description:
• Handles logistics files independently
• Implements and run logistics procedures
Import and Export clearances arrangements:
• Acts as main focal point for the handling of customs formalities in coordination with customs authorities, clearing agents and colleagues from supply chain, warehouse and transport units for all incoming and outgoing shipments in line with the Jordanian customs rules.
• Organizes and follow up of transit customs formalities and Free Zone deposit applications through maintaining customs dialogue and preparing all necessary documentation and customs inspection arrangements in order to store relief material at the Free Zone for the duration of the transit;
• Deals with the Free Zone authorities on all other necessary documentation for the warehouse and workshop complex including the staff based in;
• Ensures the proper closure of files (disposal, vehicle and assistance goods exited from the county).
Exemptions, Registrations, Extensions and Renewals:
• Processes and forwarding to the different Jordanian authorities (Custom department, Traffic department, Telecommunication office, Ministry of Health, etc…..) the various forms required to maintain specific stocks in the Free Zone (food transfers, IT material, …….) in coordination with the Supply Chain Manager.
• Coordinates customs clearance after reception of Foreign Affairs Ministry exemption for special consignments (IT material, Personal effects, etc….);
• Registers of ICRC vehicles upon reception in Jordan by issuing Jordanian Temporary Entry licenses, Follow up of licenses with annual renewal. The above also applies for expatriates’ private vehicles;
• Coordinates with the FDA authorities import permission for medical equipment, food items and drugs. Ensuring samples are submitted for testing and quality control and the follow up of different departments of the FDA;
• Organises received permission from the FDA for import with the Health department and the medical Logician;
• Manages with relevant authorities (MoI) the permission for the export and or transit procedure of armored vehicles.
• Prepares and processing invoices related to preparation of customs declarations for incoming and outgoing ICRC equipment;
• Provides daily feedback on all activities related to his work:
• Reports on the occurred problems without any delay to the Regional Transport Manager;
• Initiates and follow up procedures for disposal of goods and equipment with the proper authorities;
• Updates superior on customs rules and regulation;
• Maintains day-to-day communications on pending files with the Supply chain staff, dispatch manager, SC Mgr and Transport unit;
• Keeps day to day communication and cooperation with customs officer based at the warehouse and workshop complex.
Administration, filling and archiving:
• Files and proper handling of all the documents related to the ImpEx task
• Archives the files in a cabinet on a regular basis and within same month
• Submits supplier’s invoices to Finance within 15 days from receipt date
• Uses Transport and Impex STM for all correspondence and allocates the relevant person, handless and closes every request once completed
• Maintains and monitor the ImpEx register on team space.
Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
Apply the security rules at all times
Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
||Logistics and Transportation
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Import/Export Officer – The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) بكل سهولة الان مجانا.