Roles & Responsibilities
- Should have undergone induction training and orientation for all technical procedures relevant to their competency based on the competency matrix designed.
- Responsible to carry out examinations, check and analyze the conformity of the results in keeping with the relevant international standard requirements and the relevant FCI approved procedures.
- Prepare ITP as per the requirements or Review client provided ITP / methods and communicate with client in case of any discrepancy.
- Should report all his findings and results in the inspection report correctly, accurately, and clearly.
- In the event of any Non-Conforming Items the inspector shall fill out the Inspection Non Conformance Certificate appropriately.
- Should assume utmost confidentiality of all findings obtained during inspection by signing the Confidentiality Statement at the time when appointed by FCI. Should adhere to the commitment made by signing the “Conflict of Interest Declaration” as laid down by FCI.
- Ensure that any changes to competence qualification are communicated to TM. Also communicate to TM in the event that the client was employer in previous two years.
- While using equipment/ instrument for inspection, the inspector should verify and ensure that it’s calibrated, ensuring the traceability to national / international standard.
- At the end of the inspection at the client, after handing over report / certificate, shall request client to fill the “Inspection Performance Survey”. Once filled, this record will be submitted to Inspection Coordinator / office directly by the client.
- Shall be aware of the documented system (manual and procedures) and Code of Conduct issued by FCI.
- Use the latest codes / standards or as defined in ITP
- Responsible to attend the awareness / training sessions and to allow proper competence evaluation and monitoring.
- Responsible to follow all safety regulations of FCI and applicable at the point of inspection.
- Where there is any doubt as to the item's suitability for the inspection to be carried out, or where the item does not conform to the description provided, the inspector shall contact the client and TM / IC before proceeding.
- Authorized to access the FCI procedures and external standards as well as necessary equipment for inspection.
- Authorized to prepare ITP / review client provided ITP.
- Authorized to communicate with client in case of any discrepancy and resolve the discrepancy in coordination with TM.
- Inspector is considered competent and is authorized to sign and approve the inspection report pertaining to the relevant scope. (Inspection Certificates are to be approved by TM)
- Authorized to issue non-conformance report.
Authorized to abort the inspection.
- Authorized to deny the proprietary information to any external agency.
- Authorized to deny any special favors by client / vendor which could pose threat to impartiality.
- Authorized to provide appropriate information to TM
- Authorized to verify the suitability of the measuring equipment and to reject it’s use.
- Authorized to handover the Performance Survey form to client / vendor (but not authorized to receive the completed survey directly from client / vendor).
- Authorized to access the FCI controlled non-editable documentation
- Authorized to access the applicable international standards / codes
- Authorized to point out any unsafe / non-conforming situation.
- Authorized to stop the inspection in such circumstance.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Quality Control|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|