ISHA Health Coordinator – IRC International Rescue committee
The IRC is the health technical partner of the Investing in Syrian Humanitarian Action (ISHA) consortium, led by Mercy Corps. ISHA’s goal is to support the development of local Syrian humanitarian organizations and strengthen their ability to implement successful humanitarian relief activities. The program takes a demand-driven approach to capacity development of, and project implementation by, Syrian humanitarian actors, incorporating the provision of sub-grants and intensive organizational development and technical capacity strengthening support. In addition, it utilizes creative methodologies for remote engagement to broaden access to Arabic language resources for the wider Syrian humanitarian community.
IRC is delivering health technical expertise to the consortium throughout the sub-granting project cycle, including intensive tailored capacity strengthening support to four health sub-grantees.
IRC is also supporting the development and use of an online learning portal to support the professional development in the health sector of a larger number of Syrian humanitarian actors. The ISHA Health Coordinator will be responsible for the overall delivery of IRC’s role in ISHA, with a primary focus on health capacity strengthening support to partners, and will also work with the consortium lead and members in the delivery of the health online learning resources.
The IRC is seeking an experienced health humanitarian professional with a strong background in capacity strengthening in the health sector. The successful individual will be able to demonstrate successful relationship management. S/He will have a robust understanding and ability to work in highly insecure remote management operations. S/He will also demonstrate the ability to work with national organizations in authentic partnerships.
The ISHA Health Coordinator will report to the Regional Partnership Director and will sit within the Middle East Region Team. H/She will oversee the Humanitarian Health Competency Building Manager.
• Oversee the successful implementation of IRC ISHA program activities. Ensure IRC activities are planned and delivered on schedule, and that IRC deliverables are met as agreed with the consortium lead
• Contribute to overall ISHA direction and development under the leadership of the Project Director
• Work closely with the consortium lead in monitoring health project activities and results
• Work closely with IRC M&E staff to ensure IRC adherence to internal M&E standards
• Prepare internal IRC reports and donor reports
• Work closely with IRC finance staff in the effective management of IRC project resources and preparation of IRC financial reports
• Cultivate positive and productive relationships with consortium members and participating Syrian organizations
• Ensure clear communication and effective coordination with IRC Syria country management and health program teams, as well as the Health Technical Unit. Identify and maximize opportunities for collaboration where appropriate
Partner Capacity Strengthening Support
• Utilize participatory, partner-driven assessment tools and prioritization processes to identify health sub-grant recipient technical support needs and priorities
• With health sub-grant recipients, identify indicators and milestones for technical support and capacity development. Work with partners to establish and maintain agreed-upon frameworks for delivery and monitoring
• Ensure ongoing technical assistance to health sub-grant recipients utilizing in person and remote methods as appropriate. Ensure inclusion of non-classroom methods grounded in adult learning techniques
• Ensure close collaboration and coordination with consortium members in all capacity strengthening activities to ensure efficient use of time and resources by participating organizations and consortium members
• In consultation with Consortium Lead, identify and develop opportunities to support ‘mentor’ organizations within Syria to contribute to capacity strengthening efforts of other participating organizations. Facilitate opportunities for peer learning across participating organizations
• Based on participant feedback, and in collaboration with consortium lead identify and support provision of additional support to participants as required
• Ensure wider coordination with other health capacity strengthening actors to prevent duplication and take advantage of synergies
• Advise on IRC’s wider capacity strengthening efforts within the Middle East Region
Technology Based Learning Program
• Identify existing resources that meet priority health learning and support needs for Syrian NGOs
• Where appropriate lead the tailoring or the development of new resources to meet user needs
• Liaise with consortium members to make material accessible on the learning portal
• Develop a health learning needs assessment tool to evaluate individual competencies in health and to gauge priority areas of learning for both individuals and groups/organizations for use on the portal
• Support the online and where appropriate, in person, delivery of the health learning resources, including monitoring results of participation, in collaboration with consortium members
• In collaboration with consortium lead develop monitoring and evaluation tools to assess progress on individual and organisation learning objectives and effectiveness
• Ensure effective feedback loops to adjust portal content based on participant priorities
• Ensure project learning feeds into IRC’s developing capacity strengthening approach in Middle East Region, in particular within a remote management environment
• Collaborate with staff engaged with capacity strengthening efforts in Middle East Region and more broadly within IRC to feed into organization wide efforts to further build capacity strengthening competencies
• Actively network with Syrian and international organizations to share and benefit from learning on effective capacity strengthening approaches in the region
Staff Performance Management, Learning & Development:
• Supervise and support the Humanitarian Competency Building Manager in the delivery of IRC’s project role
• Discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff performance management system
• Clearly define the training needs of the Manager and ensure they are able to access training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs
• Maintain open and professional relations with the Manager, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions including staff development plans
• Lead with commitment, integrity and accountability to the IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Regional Partnership Director
Position directly supervises: Humanitarian Health Competency Building Manager
Other internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Health Technical Advisor
External: Mercy Corps Project Director, partner representatives
||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة ISHA Health Coordinator – IRC International Rescue committee بكل سهولة الان مجانا.