Founded in 1933, The International Rescue Committee serves refugees and communities victimized by oppression and violent conflict worldwide. The International Rescue Committee is committed to freedom, human dignity and self-reliance. This commitment is expressed in emergency relief, protection of human rights, post conflict programming, resettlement assistance and advocacy. IRC Jordan program is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the below vacant position.
Job Overview/Summary: This position will be primarily responsible to provide support for Jordan users on the use of their desktops and laptops, and provide computer support including new computer installation, maintenance of equipment, installation of peripheral devices, installation of software, staff training and involvement in IT activities in IRC Jordan and regional office. The IT Assistant work under the supervision of the IT Officer.
IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
– Work with end-users or IT colleagues (or Service Desk) on assisting in resolving Level 1 issues in CP.
– Support in resolving or escalate Level 2 and Level 3 issues to appropriate internal resource (IT Manager, regional IT team) as necessary.
– Provide Microsoft Windows & Office applications support.
– Diagnose hardware and software faults by questioning clients patiently about a problem and explaining the procedures to them.
– Ensure data backups for individual users are being completed and provide the necessary training on the use of these back-up solutions.
-Work towards a successful resolution of the problems clients present.
– Perform preventative maintenance on all IRC computers and network resources.
Assist in Installation & Configuration and management of:
– Servers, Windows server 2008,2012 operating system, Domain and essential network services.
– Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals, using IRC standard Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating system image.
– Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
Assist IT Manager in Asset Management & Network Documentation
– Perform annual IT Audit for Jordan CP as directed by Regional/Global IT.
– Create and maintain IRC computer software/hardware inventory ensuring accuracy.
-Maintain an updated IT Asset Registry, including software & licenses.
– Create and maintain network documentation to include but not limited to IP address, system access, email creation system, upgrades and changes to original network, etc.
– Support in installing and tracking of internet connections at all IT facilities including expat houses, field locations
– Maintain and update tracking sheet for payments of internet subscription for all locations
– Facilitate payment process for internet subscriptions
– Facilitate and assist in procurement process for IT equipment, software etc when needed
– Any other IT or non- IT administrative tasks assigned by the supervisor, DDO or Regional IT team to accomplish the overall organizational goals and assist with global IRC IT Projects.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: IT Manager.
Indirect Reporting: Support Services coordinator, Regional ICT Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
Internal: All departments and users
External: IT equipment and supplies vendors, internet service providers
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|