The IT Support Specialist works as first contact person in the IT service desk team. The hired individual is supposed to provide IT technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. The support level could be delivered to end users either in person, or over the phone, email, or through helpdesk system. All solved or not solved cases should be entered into online helpdesk system by the IT Support Specialist.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance in person or via email to the help desk system.
- Manage and run daily operations of the IT department
- Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software and help train employees on its use
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users.
- Walk the users through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs and helpdesk system.
- Follow-up and update user status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on support procedures, processes and tools.
- Fill in support tickets and change requests, and record all incident into online helpdesk system.
- Protect data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and tests; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Use IT inventory systems and helpdesk system.
Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Location:||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Job Role:||Information Technology|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|
|Nationality:||United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen|