PURPOSE, SCOPE AND IMPACT:
Looking for a dedicated, self-organized and confident person who wants to join our Purchasing team in Amman as a Buyer
This position implies the responsibility for all aspects of the Procurement for the assigned product portfolio under the lead and with the support of both the Mobile Purchaser and the Head of Purchasing.
This responsibility includes contract management, cost control, procurement productivity, inventory management, quality.
performance, and the strategic evaluation as well as execution of the ICRC procurement plan
- Be aware of the delegations objectives and activities
- Understand the three components of the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement
- Apply the security rules at all times
- Respect and observe the staff regulations of the ICRC in Jordan.
- The employee may be asked to perform other duties not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Active cooperation and communication with other internal departments (Supply Chain, Quality, Finance…) and especially with the Requester-Customers in the Field (Operations departments: Economic security, Health, Protection…)
• Regional accountability for the Procurement of the assigned portfolio. Carrying out Tenders, awarding suppliers, negotiating prices and conditions, drafting contracts and frame agreements, related to the categories under her/his responsibility: Nonfood Items and Medical Items.
• Preparing purchase orders and taking care of their supervision from the beginning until the final delivery of the product at destination, in direct coordination with the transport department.
• Evaluation and joint direct supervision, together with the Quality Department, of the standards of the contracted products and services, guaranteeing a real trace ability of the quality of the purchase.
• Sourcing, assessing, developing and monitoring new and current suppliers in the assigned purchasing categories.
• Leading the SRM (supply relationship management): maintaining a good business relationship with the suppliers through visits and follow-ups that allow to solve the day to day constraints, also applying corrective actions if needed.
• Update and maintenance of the Supplier Database, securing all suppliers fulfill ICRC documentary requirements during its initial registration and subsequently, during its business relationship with the ICRC
• Preparing all related invoices for his/her own files according to the Financial Rules to get the necessary approvals. Register and stamp incoming invoices form finance dept.
• To obtain and provide all needed documents to guarantee the PO payments on time.
• Follow up with the finance department regarding the delayed payments.
• Provide weekly and monthly forecast for the admin purchase and send them out to the requester.
• Update and follow-up of the Status Report File of the product categories to her/his responsibility
• Properly upload all required purchase orders files on Profile (Paper less project) for internal-external audit purposes.
• Active cooperation and communication with other internal departments (Supply Chain, Quality, Finance…) and especially with the Sequesters-Customers in the Field (Operations departments: Economic Security, Health, Protection…)
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Purchasing and Procurement|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,500|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|