Laboratory Coordinator – Biology – Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar
Provides laboratory coordination and support in the General Biology courses of the Pre-Medical Division to ensure efficient and safe laboratory function, as per WCM-Q safety policies. As required, supports the coordination and preparation for biological topics in Premedical and Medical curriculum as well as student projects in biology.
• Prepares reagents, organism cultures, supplies, and equipment for the Premedical Introductory Biology laboratories. Manages spatial layout of equipment and materials in preparation for the lab sessions
• Provides one-on-one instruction concerning proper laboratory technique while assisting with all in-lab teaching sessions as needed.
• Conducts weekly briefings with General Biology faculty and teaching specialists about laboratory procedures, location and use of materials (including appropriate disposal of waste material and clean up), and the operation of instruments and equipment
• Provides post-procedure cleaning instructions to students and performs end-of-lab cleaning, sterilizing, checking and organizing of the teaching laboratory and equipment. Performs the end-of-semester organization of teaching laboratories and stockrooms
• Conducts and manages inventory of chemicals, reagents, supplies and equipment and biological supplies. Maintains stocks of live laboratory organisms required for laboratory teaching.
• Assists with creating orders for supplies and equipment, including requesting quotations from procurement, discussing with Teaching Faculty and the creation of shopping carts.
• Follows up on orders to insure timely delivery, documents timelines and requests updates as necessary. Receives, verifies the accuracy of orders and completes necessary documentation for EHS, customs, etc.
• Participates in lab protocol troubleshooting and modifications in the experimental procedures as required
• Participates in new lab module development by providing technical expertise and organization in time budgeting and lab space management
• Teaching schedule permitting, participates in planning and implementation of student projects. Provides technical support in the laboratories where appropriate
• Assists with biology-related aspects of student recruitment and community outreach activities
• Performs other duties including but not limited to supporting biological topics in Premedical and Medical curriculum as required or assigned
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Laboratory Coordinator – Biology – Weill Cornell Medicine-Qatar بكل سهولة الان مجانا.