Lead Architect – I-Expatriate
Department: Construction Supervision Department
Reporting to: Resident Engineer
To advice and assist the Resident Engineer (R.E.) in supervising on site construction activities to ensure quality assurance and quality control from start to completion of the construction project.
STRATEGIC• Assist the Project RE & ARE and top management in formulating plans to guide the architectural tasks in the respective project
• Conduct supervision responsibilities in adherence to guidelines as indicated in the Supervision Manual; ensure that supervision guidelines are being adhered to by site architects at all times
• Review and assess contractors’ and sub contractors’ pre-qualifications, inspect their showrooms, workshop/factory as and when required
• Make recommendations to the Resident Engineer regarding the selection and approval of sub-contractors in coordination with and through consultations with owner/client representatives
• Review and understand all project contract documents (drawings, shop drawings, composite coordinate service shop drawings, specifications, contract documents etc.); coordinate with other site architects and engineers before construction activities commence
• Notify the Resident Engineer of any discrepancies identified against contract documents in order for corrective action to be taken
• Assist in resolving any issues raised by contractors (e.g. requirements for time extensions, change order requests, variations etc); make recommendations to the Resident Engineer as appropriate
• Review related items within the contractor’s construction schedule (CCS) in coordination with the Planning Engineer (e.g. shop drawing submittal log, procurement schedule, and material submittal log etc.) prior to its approval by the Resident Engineer
• Review related construction materials, technical data and material and finishes samples submitted by contractors; ensure compliance against ministerial requirements and technical specifications.
• Attend various off-site inspections including out of country inspection for review of specific material/samples, mock-ups, testing, etc. as per the contract document
• Inspect related procured construction materials delivered to the site, to ensure compliance against ministerial requirements and specifications/contract documents/approvals
• Ensure that all materials delivered on site are being adequately stored and protected as per manufacturer’s recommendations in order to avoid damage of materials
• Ensure that related works non-compliance to the CCS is communicated to the Resident Engineer on a timely basis in order to avoid any delays in construction
• Ensure the maintaining of onsite quality control (e.g. through thorough testing of materials and verifying of materials, adequate storage of materials, contractor’s submittal of written undertakings, warranty and protection of installed systems etc.)
• Review “mock ups” and “progress work” against contract documents; make commentaries and recommendations to the Resident Engineer as required
• Contribute to managing the health and safety of all on-site personnel; report any observed safety violations to the Resident Engineer and/or Safety Inspector (if available)
• Attend meetings (e.g. progress meetings, coordination and specially called meetings with clients etc.) as and when required.
• Lead in resolving design and technical coordination issues with Finishes, Structure, Electro-mechanical, landscape, etc. on the project.
• Approve Minutes of Meetings prepared by the Contract Administrator for comments made by self
• Participate in preparing progress reports and in verifying costs related matters in order to finalize monthly payment certificates
• Ensure that the contractors submittals to local ministries are carried out in a timely manner as specified in contract documents
• Lead the snagging procedure after substantial completion of construction activities have ended; ensure that a snag list is prepared based on defective/outstanding works for the contractor to rectify, repair and complete for re-inspection.
• Review related as-built drawings provided by contractors prior to their submittal to local ministries for approval and for final construction record purposes • Note: The job holder may be required to undertake additional duties, which may be reasonably expected and form part of the function of the job.
• Lead a team of site senior / architects; assign roles and responsibilities to Site Architects
• Assist in the training of new joiners/interns• Ensure health and safety of architects/engineers working on site
||Al Kuwait, Kuwait
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Lead Architect – I-Expatriate بكل سهولة الان مجانا.