Legal Associate- Litigation – Manpower Middle East
Our client is currently looking for a Legal Associate- Litigation.
Role : The role of the Associate is to effectively and efficiently manage the cases assigned to the Associate. The Associate is also tasked with communicating proficiently with the Firm’s clients, maintain and update all Cases assigned to him/her, as well as co-ordinating between clients and senior colleagues on the cases-in-progress.
The Associate is also to ensure that all administrative aspects of the case assignment are professionally handled. The Associate must be fluent in English and Arabic (both written and verbal).
Primary Responsibilities :
The Associate is required to:
Client Communications :
• Effectively communicate with clients and is required to provide prompt updates on the progress of the matter, most notably court hearings.
• Communicate and discuss strategies of the case with the client (subsequent to discussing strategy with senior colleagues of the Firm).
• Report to senior colleagues at all times and regularly meet with the Firm’s senior legal consultants to discuss any relevant case developments.
• If required by the Legal Consultant; correspond with the client and request documents as required for the proceedings/case.
• Attend all client calls; and
• Request and properly file documents received from the client.
Assist Legal Consultants : • Effectively communicate and coordinate all matters related to the client’s cases with the assigned Legal Consultant;
• To review and study the case file and prepare a synopsis of the case including facts and pertinent legal defences/strategies, prior to discussing the case with the Legal Consultant.
• To discuss the case documents with the Legal Consultant, update the Legal Consultants on the hearing schedule, and court submissions,
• To procure documents from the Client as required from time-to-time by the Legal Consultant and assist in Court appointed Expert meetings (purely for observation and training purposes),
• To discuss documents required for translation with the Legal Consultant.
• To assist the Legal Consultant in meetings with the client.
• To update the Legal Consultants on court hearings after relevant follow up with the Court Assistants
Liaising with Court Assistants : • To ensure that the memoranda and bundles (if any) are drafted by the Legal Consultants and are ready to be handed over to court assistants five days prior to the hearing date;
• To follow up with the Court Assistants on the progress of the proceedings/trail whether held in Court, Police Stations, The Public Prosecution, Execution Department, Rent Committee, Conciliation Committee or any other department related to the proceedings/trail of the matters;
Case File Management : • To register the cases online on the Court System;
• To ensure cases assigned to the Associate are regularly updated on the internal E-Case System;
• To manage, maintain and update the internal litigation case files and ensure that the files are up to date at all times;
• To maintain, update and file all documents related to the matter in the case files, including memoranda, bundles, translated documents, evidence provided by the Clients, minutes of meetings, notes, communications, opponents submissions, letters, invoices, receipts, court receipts etc. which are related to the on-going cases of the Client in Courts.
• To ensure that the case files are up-to-date without all documents at all times for review and reference purposes of Legal Consultants and Lawyers.
Admin : • To ensure that the client is billed for all cases handled by the Associate.
• To ensure that all documents required for translation are sent on a timely basis for translation to the Administration Department and all translation costs are pre-approved by clients.
• To ensure that time-sheets for hourly billed clients are provided to the Accounts Department on monthly basis.
• To check and follow clients on payment of invoices related to government/court fees and translation charges. (The Accounts Department will also follow but this would be an additional follow up with the Client).
• To check with the Accounts Department regularly on payment of government/court fees received from Clients.
Others : This job description does not in any manner imply or misconstrued to be the only duties to be performed by the Associate. An Associate will be required to perform any other job-related duties that may be assigned from time-to-time by his/her superiors.
||Dubai, United Arab Emirates
||Employment Placement Agencies/Recruiting
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Legal Associate- Litigation – Manpower Middle East بكل سهولة الان مجانا.