Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library resources and facilitate reference and reading services. Perform in-depth strategic research, synthesize, analyze and edit information. Set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information. Administer library and perform all related services for smooth functioning of library.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement library and information policies and procedures.
• Assist the library users and facilitate search to reach required information and resource.
• Train library users to search for information using databases.
• Maintain records of resources and materials.
• Support the Director to develop budgeting, planning, and personnel activities.
• Review the inventory and request the Director to order material.
• Monitor books in and out of the library.
• Develop and maintain collections management policies and procedures.
• Code, classify, and organize printed and digital resources based on subject matter or standard library classification systems.
• Assist the Director in training and orientation.
• Performs original cataloguing for materials added to the collection.
• Index database that provide information for library users.
• Review the outdated or unused items to be discarded.
• Make presentations and explain library programs and services, assist in referencing, conduct required research on difficult and complex queries.
• Prepare bibliographies, set up exhibits, analyse reader needs in order to develop the collection.
• Respond to customer complaints and take action as necessary.
• Respond to daily on-site requests for information.
• Attend professional library conferences, seminars and network committees read professional literature; attend and participate in staff meeting discussions.
• Assist the academic staff in research and seek grants.
• Bachelor degree in library science or library and information science.
• Minimum 3 years experience as the librarian.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Able to deal with stressful situations intelligently.
• Honest, trustworthy and respectful.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Sound work ethics.
|Job Location:||Al Ain, United Arab Emirates|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|