Under the supervision of the Project Manager, livelihood and agriculture specialist will contribute to the development and ensure the implementation of the project ‘Multi-year humanitarian response and stabilization assistance to help build the resilience of conflict affected communities in oppositions held areas of Syria.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE LIVELIHOOD AND AGRICULTURE SPECIALIST
Technical Advice and Support:
• Provide technical advice in planning, designing, monitoring and evaluating livelihoods, agriculture and economic development interventions of the project.
• Assist the project manager in developing the overall project implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials related to the livelihood and agriculture components of the project.
• Assist the Project Manager in planning the various stages of project implementation and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives.
• Assist Project Manager in the selection of appropriate target areas and beneficiaries to be the recipients of agricultural technical support.
• Provide guidelines, procedures and check lists for beneficiary selection criteria, kits packages, vender/ supplier selection and distribution process.
• Collect and compile relevant field-based data and information and assist Manager for the report preparation.
• Ensure all the necessary market surveys are conducted effectively, on time.
• Actively participate in meetings, training, workshop, and provide ideas, suggestion and feedback.
• Collect and document case studies, success stories and best practices for dissemination
• Assist the Project Manager in preparing training plan and schedule as per the field plan related to livelihood, food security and agriculture.
• Identify the needs and deliver necessary trainings to ACTED staff, monitors and IPs
• Support the PD department in livelihood and agriculture fund raising.
• Ensure final delivery of agricultural inputs and livelihood inputs are in line with the initial proposed interventions.
• Support Project manager ensure project’s targets on annual and overall indicators are achieved.
• Any other task requested by the line manager.
• Support, facilitate or undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation
• Cultivate good relations with key actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through networking, regular attendance meetings and bilateral meetings
• Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner
• Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates.
• Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others
•Develop all necessary technical guidelines, tools, plans, etc. to ensure effective and efficient delivery of the project.
• Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in project planning and decision making.
• Collect field demand as per the approved plan and carry out quality checks for implementation and procurement processes as required.
• Advise on, and assist with relevant AME components, and project reviews conducted by the M&E team.
• Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to the Project Manager and Area Coordinator.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Monthly Salary:||US $1,500|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|