Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. Action Against Hunger is looking for its program in Jordan Logistics Officer – IRBID.
To support Irbid base in term of fleet and premises management.
Objective 1 : To supervise the fleet management at base level :
– To supervise the drivers of the base.
– To plan movements of vehicles on daily / weekly basis
– To gather the vehicles needs at base level, create line on the link and Share them with the logistics manager.
– To follow up with drivers in the base regarding the maintenance needs of the vehicles , and communicate those need to the logistics manager, or by delegation to the person in charge of the fleet at mission level.
– To get feedback from the drivers regarding the maintenance done by the car rental company, and to share them with the logistics manager.
– To make sure that each vehicle have a fuel card
– To gather all fuel data from the log book in the fuel data sheet, and to crosscheck with fuel tickets (invoices).
– To follow up on the drivers absences and to inform the logistics manager, or by delegation to the person in charge of the fleet at mission level.
– To participate in the elaboration of the drivers’ monthly salary sheet, to be validated by the logistics manager.
– To be the focal point in case of car accident and ensure that drivers are reporting all accident/ scratch and poteen police report
– To report the vehicle condition monthly with a random check
– To report about general fleet situation to the logistics manager
Objective 2 : follow up on the stocks:
– Ensure that all items are stored in a way to be counted, and packed correctly respecting ACF standard.
– To conduct the overall physical quarterly inventory to prepare the yearly inventory report, to be validated by the logistics manager.
– To archive all documents IN and OUT properly, in order to ensure complete tracking of all stock movements.
– To receive goods from suppliers and ensure that all necessary paperwork are archived.
– To ensure that all the new received items are added to the inventory list.
– To be the focal point between Irbid office and Amman office regarding all items/document transferred between the two offices.
Objective 3 : To ensure general maintenance of the Irbid base premises:
– To ensure the Office and Guest house are in good condition and to act on requests regarding maintenance / problems.
– To ensure supply of water, cooking gas and fuel (heating systems) for all premises.
– To follow up and request stationary for the office, when needed.
– To ensure basic security of the premises is maintained (doors and locks, fire extinguishers, emergency numbers…)
– To ensure proper repairs are done, either directly or through contractors.
– To handle the follow up of all maintenance tasks due to the landlords, and to manage communication with the landlords, whenever relevant and appropriate.
– To help HR department when ordering cleaning products, hygiene items and office supply (tea, coffee, sugar….)
Objective 4: Ensure adherence to Action against Hunger gender requirements:
– Commit and comply with the organization gender, age and diversity principles & policies (working with people, communication)
– Support on the implementation and the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles through daily activities and or through the management of their teams (Managing performance & development)
This job description describes the main objectives & tasks. As this is not an exhaustive list, the employee may be requested to perform or participate to other tasks within the logistics framework.
The Employee may also be deployed on other duty stations, for short period, in order to assist other logistics team members.
|Job Location:||Irbid, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Logistics and Transportation|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|