Positions : Loss Prevention Engineer
Company : Leading Company in Qatar.
Location : Qatar
Qualification & Experience:
• Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering discipline with recognized safety courses
• Member of recognized professional safety or fire organization
• 15 years of experience in the field of process safety, Fire and Safety systems design and construction. This includes all Safety and Fire topics covered in the Fire and Safety philosophy.
• Extensive knowledge of international codes and standards, inclusive, 7 years of experience in the Refinery of Process Plants
• Ability to perform field inspections, perform risk assessment, review/prepare proposals and reports, communicate well orally and in writing, interpret and analyse data
• Fluent in English
• Strong leadership, command, control, negotiation, computer and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively with various personnel and in teams, and be flexible in work assignments
• Ability for improving bad working practices/habits, employee performance, maintaining improved performance, utilizing effective follow up actions to solve employee or work related problems
• Refinery has a very complex, aging and congested facility (process units, storage area, loading facilities and pipelines) which requires complex risk studies and introduces challenges in equipment layout, deciding engineering controls, etc.
• Have regular contacts with Refinery and contractors employees to ensure progress and uniform implementation of the Safety/Fire Policy.
• Exercises independent judgment and initiative in carrying out day-to-day activities in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Work as an effective Team member. Lead by example and be a role model for all personnel.
• Approximately 60% of the time will be spent in air conditioned office atmosphere and the balance 30% will be spent outside, subject to high noise, heat, vibrations from machinery and other effects when he Refinery units
• Under supervision, accountable for ensuring that all developments, operations and loss prevention activities in Refinery are carried out in line with established standards and regulations to safe guard the interest of company and all stakeholders.
• Decide procedural and engineering control measure in review studies such as quantitative risk assessment (QRA/FERA), HAZOP, etc. to eliminate or reduce the risks associated with the modifications and additions in the refinery processes.
• Issue audit reports as a Refinery Internal Auditor.
• Decide to review designs based on the analysis of inspection reports conducted by Sr. Safety Technician (Loss Prevention).
• Participate and represent the Refinery in project design review, including FEED, EPIC, HAZOP lay-out reviews of facilities, technical process safety review and Hazard/Risk analysis studies.
• Review and participate in all Plant Change Requests (MOC) and ensures compliance with Corporate Fire and Safety design philosophy and Refinery safety procedures. Ensure that all P & I D’s are updated after every PCR by coordinating with other departments involved.
• Provide technical process safety advice to the Refinery Management on loss prevention and loss control in project layout/spacing, electrical hazardous area classification, Emergency Shut Down (ESD) systems, blow down, vent, flaring and drainage systems and evacuation.
• Review and ensure inspection of hazardous area classification prepared by Refinery Asset Integrity department to ensure compliance with internationally recognized codes and standards.
• Review hazard/risk analysis (PHA) studies for new Refinery projects and modifications to existing facilities. Give advice on the content and implementation of such studies.
• Conduct Risk Analysis and Hazard identification (PHA) studies and assists in the preparation and co-ordination of the process safety study program.
• Review, basis for conceptual and detailed design documents, drawings and P&ID’s and ensures that design and construction of facilities incorporates process safety requirements in line with the projects Safety philosophy.
• Recommend safe operating procedures and practices for inclusion in commissioning, decommissioning manuals from process safety perspective.
• Assist head of HSE Technical Support in the final acceptance and handover of projects, facilities and modifications by ensuring and supervising compliance inspection to codes and technical safety / process safety requirements.
• Implement, enforce, co-ordinate and assist in the development of Refinery risk management policies, procedures and work instructions in compliance and in alignment with corporate policies, objectives and international standards for both refinery and its contractors.
• Assist and present/ train all process safety element trainings.
• Require excellent knowledge in OSHA PSM, CCPS, API and OGP guidelines.
• Lead and participate Internal incident investigations
التقدم للوظيفة الان