Manages and overall responsible for the maintenance activities of power plant. Monitor plant maintenance activities and safety ensuring that all applicable regulatory requirements are followed. Oversees technical staff, such as Engineers and Technicians and hires and trains personnel. Requires a bachelor's degree. Typically reports to top management. Typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. Give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. Typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience in similar role.
• Ensure overall maintenance of 2x 270MW Thermal Power Plant,at Attarat- um Ghudran, near Amman in Jordan . Power Plant Maintenance, HSSE, Oil shale conveying and Government/Stakeholder Relations are the main areas of responsibility.
• Ensure that requirements of assigned responsibility areas are carried out in a manner that meets expectations and realizes strategic objectives of the organization.
The incumbent has overall responsibility for the following core areas of work outlined.
• Establish and implement Reliability and Availability Centered Maintenance Policy
• Maintain 24hrs continuous functioning of power plant equipment
• Plan and implement adequate programmes of maintenance for power plant equipment (Online maintenance and Unit outages programmes)
• Oversee processes and standards for all critical functions within the division
• Develop and manage implementation of changes to realize continuous improvement in performance
• Establish and maintain high standards of Health, Safety and Environmental
• Supervise Mechanical, Electrical, C&I, Civil maintenance and upkeep of all equipment in the power plant
• Execute Fuel and Ash management.
• Planning and budgeting for spares required for maintenance of various equipment
• Prepare scope documents, invite bids, award and manage contracts for various maintenance activities
• Coordinate plant maintenance activities for effective utilization of time and manpower as Outage Manager
• Develop and implement inspections / monitoring plan for vital parts/ equipment of the Plant including but not limited to annual overhauls, minor overhauls and major overhauls.
• Develop and implement appropriate preventive and planned maintenance programme for Plant and Equipment
• Carry out Root Cause Analysis for incidents /breakdown/outages with corrective actions proposals and ensure lessons Learned implementation and tracking
• Participate in technical/administrative discussions and assist in better managing business
• Identify deficiencies in plant and equipment and propose suitable remedial measures
• Coordinate with Operation Department and implement prudent maintenance plans to ensure optimum performance of the Plant and achieve targeted results
• Record all events/activities and provide periodical reports to the management
• Manages and follows maintenance subcontracting contracts
• Build reliable and high quality vendor base to outsource cost effective spares and services procurement process
• Approve requests for the purchase of spare parts in accordance with the purchase procedures of the plant
• Ensure implementation of procedures for planning and executing maintenance
• Establish and implement KPIs to monitor maintenance activities
• Prepare departmental budgets
• Prepare budget for maintenance and shutdown activities
• Identify areas of cost optimization
• Recruit, train, manage and periodical performance review of engineers and technicians
• Provide objectives to staff and verify periodically achievement
• Ensure staff performance evaluation
• Lead global activities of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation and control maintenance staff
• Inform and train teams on new techniques and tools related to their activity
• Ensure compliance with company internal rules
• Identify training needs of teams and ensure execution of training and qualification plan
• Establish and implement a succession plan for key positions
• Identify high potential persons
• Identify persons having a good expertise in specific areas (DCS, Electrical, Excitation, STG, boiler, etc.)
• Manage projects aiming upgrade and Plant equipments and process improvement
• Ensure maintenance and repair of facilities related to HSSE (fire detection systems, firefighting system, environment and hygiene equipment)
• Ensure continuous IMS improvement
• Implement and track closely the HSSE and insurers assessments recommendations
• Detect early HSSE rules violation and correct defects on proactive manner
• Provide solutions to Stack emissions exceedance and lead the upgrade action plan
• Manage Chemical and Environment functions
• Comply Environment requirements
• Ensuring conformance with statutory requirements in respect of safety certificates for boilers, cranes, hoists and other equipment
• Comply with statutory requirements under various labour enactments
• Ensuring timely returns submission, register maintenance and renewal of licenses.
• Ensure compliance of OMCO values, policies, procedures and objectives in all areas
• Administration of departmental staff and functions
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the management.
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Oil/Gas; Energy|