The Media Officer will lead the Media and communication activities on the large education Program aiming to addresses both teachers, students well being and teaching quality, under save the Children Jordan’s (SCJ) project of J-WEL 5 years project – The project is a partnership between Save the Children and community Jameel Foundation
The post-holder will be supporting the delivery of a comprehensive media and communications strategy, ensuring smooth flow of information, good relations with project stakeholders, visiting donors and the media (including social media), and high-quality reports to showcase program work in Jordan. Additionally, the Communications and Media Officer will work closely with the program team to ensure that external messaging and image is consistent and communicates the achievements and work of our program.
[[The post holder will also be expected to participate in building up the program’s brand, namely through national and regional media, and support program to carry out communication with beneficiaries’ work, where needed.
The Media & Communications Officer might act as a key focal point for media requests. The Officer will also be in charge of arranging and hosting visits in the program intervention areas
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Support the information and communication flows on the program and a variety of internal and external stakeholders (including reports)
• Writing newsworthy press releases and articles for circulation to the national, regional & international news media (in accordance with usual sign-off procedures)
• Facilitate national and international news media field visits showcasing the work of program, while sensitive to the realities on the ground
• Represent Save the Children Jordan in various regular conference calls and working groups with other country offices and partners; and produce minutes of meetings or summaries of the calls
• Prepare key messages, messaging around the project activities and Q&As for conducting organisational external relations
• Manage incoming media requests, prioritizing & co-ordination with the external and in-country teams
• Create accurate, clear and consistent content and communication outputs relating to the program– including case studies, success stories, key messages, Q&A’s, blogs, fact sheets and donor’s communications requirements.
• Support and/or undertake photography commissions to a high standard, to accompany compelling case studies
• A Media and Communications Officer serves as a contact between Save the Children’s field staff and media/campaign teams across Save the Children globally
• Contributing to a coherent media and communications’ strategy for the program, in line with institutional and operational priorities and advocacy and member fundraising needs
• Facilitate news media spokesperson, liaising with the regional and country office teams when needed
• Analyze the effect of different on-line channels and identify appropriate digital media channels to promote SCJ program
• Supervise and gather images and film in the field, while sensitive to the realities on the ground
• Reach out and build a network with national and regional media
• Prepare and manage press conferences
• Creating and processing Purchase Requests and Purchase Orders in coordination with Budgeting and Logistics departments
• Support the programme and management team to have in place appropriate media management strategies
• Work on the organization’s Annual Report and publications
• Ensure proper visibility and branding for program across programmes including donor’s/ partners visibility requirements.
• Ensure delivery of appropriate communications materials for Media and advocacy purposes: (case studies, photos, situation reports, videos, blogs and other materials relating to program’s activities )
• Work on the country programme online platforms including the organization’s website, the internal page on (OneNet) and all social media presence
• Seek ways to creatively communicate our role, enabling the exploitation of new media
• Coordinate with the MEAL Unit to obtain the information, data and impact results needed for communication
• Collaborate with advocacy and policy colleagues to ensure core messaging is consistent with advocacy and policy strategies within the country programme, including the humanitarian response and that opportunities are explored to promote these strategies
• Deliver results in line with the terms of reference agreed in advance – to do this in a way which maintains the reputation of Save the Children Jordan.
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practices with respect to media and communication, child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• To perform other responsibilities as agreed with the line management.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS (our Values in Practice)
• Accountability for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|Job Location:||Amman, Jordan|
|Job Role:||Support Services|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|