Responsibilities relating to Different Constituencies and Areas:
- Oversee the student selection procedure in accordance to school policies.
- Monitor the progress of IB students.
- Be informed of the development of each IB MYP student.
- Discuss with the student and consult with the IB MYP staff and the academic counselor about necessary actions concerning the student’s academic or personal development.
- Assume primary responsibility for initiating information to students about the personal project and maintain follow up with teachers supervising those projects.
- Ensure that students meet programme and examination requirements and fulfill MYP regulations.
- Provide comprehensive information on the IB MYP to interested parents. Update the IB MYP Handbook regularly.
- Ensure that parents’ meetings are organized at least once a semester.
- Organize Orientation sessions about the IB MYP for parents of grade 5.
IB MYP Staff
- Provide the IB MYP staff with advice and support.
- Consult with IB MYP staff to monitor the on going progress of students particularly following progress and semester reports.
- Organize regular staff meetings for discussion of common matters to ensure a smooth running of the programme in the school.
- Ensure that all IB MYP staff have access to relevant publications and updated resource materials, and thus are fully informed of current programme content and subject requirements.
- Ensure that all staff are informed of and adhere to IB MYP regulations.
- Keep staff informed of current IB MYP developments.
- Administer and be responsible for the ‘Annual Calendar of procedures and major deadlines. Meet all deadlines.
- Ensure that all staff are informed of the relevant assessment procedures.
- Monitor and keep records of IB staff experience and professional development.
- Coordinate staff professional development and provide opportunities at internal and external IB MYP workshops.
- Liaise with the librarian regarding the provision of resource books and other relevant materials.
- Inform newly appointed IB MYP staff of all relevant aspects of the programme.
- Inform Department Coordinators and teachers of requirements of assessment and guided coursework.
- Liaise with the Principal and Assistant Principal to contribute to the development of the professional development plan.
- Contribute to the school calendar.
- Submit plans for the long-term improvement of the IB MYP within the school and monitor the implementation of these plans.
- Serve as liaison between administration, staff, students, parents, and IBO and thus handle all relevant communication with the different IB MYP offices.
- Be familiar with all IB MYP procedures.
- Ensure that administrative procedures be carried out correctly and that deadlines be kept according to IBO instructions.
- Keep copies of all correspondence with IBO including forms, documents, and reports.
- Ensure that conditions for the conduct of the examinations are fulfilled.
- Inform supervisors and students about the personal project requirement, the guidelines and assessment criteria.
- Identify teaching staff with suitable qualifications and experience to act as supervisors.
- Ensure that potential supervisors are familiar with the personal project requirement.
- Monitor school deadlines.
- Ensure that students meet with their supervisor on a regular basis.
- Ensure the timely submission of the personal project.
- Organize the exhibition of the personal projects.
- Liaise with the Principal to develop the IB MYP budget.
- Notify the Principal and the accounting office of IB MYP payments due, where applicable.
- Check invoices, ensure arrival of materials and authorize payment of IBO invoices and direct invoices to the accounting office.
- Liaise with the Principal with regard to IBO workshops.
The MYP coordinator will be required to teach up to 50% of a regular teacher’s teaching load.
|Job Location:||Doha, Qatar|
|Job Role:||Teaching and Academics|
|Company Industry:||Education, Training, and Library|
|Career Level:||Mid Career|