National Programme Officer – Sanitation Specialist – Swiss Agency for Development And Cooperation
To meet the challenge of spreading the reuse of treated wastewater and Faecal Sludge Management across Jordan, SDC is looking for a mature, convincing and well-connected Sanitation Specialist who fully understands the context and who has the necessary skills, determination, diplomacy and passion to drive behaviour change in this highly sensitive field at local, regional and national levels.
The mission of the Sanitation Specialist is to make a tangible, sustainable contribution in the field of treated wastewater and Faecal Sludge Management in Jordan.
Duties & Responsibilities :
– Establish, develop and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders at local, regional and ministerial level, with the aim of gaining support for decentralised wastewater treatment projects, the reuse of treated wastewater, and for Faecal Sludge Management.
– Engage policy makers at local, regional and ministerial level, with the aim of legalising and making compulsory the reuse of treated wastewater in agriculture and at household level, where drinking water can be substituted with “reclaimed” “waste” water, for example for car washing, watering gardens and plants and flushing toilets.
– Identify and document “success stories” across Jordan in the areas of reuse of treated wastewater, Faecal Sludge Management and biogas production.
– Promote best practices in the field of reuse of treated wastewater, Faecal Sludge Management and biogas production, with the aim of convincing users of the appropriateness and usefulness of these solutions.
– Guide and follow up the team of consultants hired to implement the SDC “Sanitation Solutions for Underserved Communities in Jordan” project.
– Support SDC’s directly-implemented projects in Jordan, providing overall technical and conceptual guidance and assuring overall coordination and knowledge management.
– Fulfil other tasks as defined based on the progress of the projects and the specific competences of the Sanitation Specialist.
– Participate in Program/Project Cycle Management, by: Preparing appraisal documents and internal requests for funding; Planning, monitoring, and supervising a number of cooperation projects; Project monitoring and internal report writing; Preparing appraisal documents and internal requests for funding; Planning, monitoring, and supervising a number of cooperation projects; Project monitoring and internal report writing; Preparing and conducting monitoring missions to partners and projects;
Contributing to the overall operational, administrative and financial monitoring of the Water domain; Networking with public organizations, International Organizations, NGOs and other donors.
– Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Accountability and reporting:
A Middle East Regional Water Program Officer based at the Swiss Cooperation Office (SCO) in Amman is in charge of developing regional coherence in the water sector by fostering dialogue and exchange between the various SDC Country Offices, the SDC Experts seconded to various UN agencies and the SDC Jordan Water Team in Amman. The Sanitation Specialist will be accountable to the above-mentioned Middle East Regional Water Program Officer.
The Sanitation Specialist will abide strictly by SDC’s Code of Conduct, Rules and Regulations, and at all times promote the interests of SDC in Jordan and the Region.
– In-depth knowledge of the Jordan cultural, administrative and political contexts.
– The ability to convince and win the confidence of key stakeholders and influential partners at all levels of Jordanian society.
– Established reliable and relevant contacts at local, regional and ministerial level.
– Self-awareness, high ethical and professional standards.
– Autonomous, proactive and available.
– The passion and determination to accompany and promote sustainable solutions across Jordan in the field of sanitation.
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة National Programme Officer – Sanitation Specialist – Swiss Agency for Development And Cooperation بكل سهولة الان مجانا.