Nursing Educator I – Hamad Medical Corporation
Job Title: Nursing Educator I (CF) 109123
Job Family: Nursing
Reporting Relationships and Key Interactions
Reports to: Nurse Educator II
Professionally accountable: Executive Director of Nursing
Direct reports: Graduate Registered Nurse, Registered Nurse, Sub-Specialty Nurse
Key Interactions: The nursing community, physicians, allied health professionals, administrators and all other members of the multi-disciplinary team
Nurse Educator 1 contributes to assuring the delivery of high quality education in clinical and classroom settings to patients, families and the public and/or nurses employed across HMC. They achieve this by working as a member of a clinical and/or education team Working within educational governance or accreditation frameworks an Educator 1 can contribute to the design, delivery and evaluation of high quality evidence-based continuing, in-service and/or patient education related to an area of practice, staff and/or patient needs. They are involved in ensuring their teaching activities reflect standards, policies and competency formulation related to nurse and/or patient education needs. They contribute to collaborative clinical nursing clinical networks involved in the developing education. They are instrumental in ensuring professional, regulatory, organisational or credentialing requirements for nursing staff and/or patients are met and documented. They may work with patients and their families and/or nurses and monitors the work of those undertaking delegated tasks or activities.
This job description should be read in conjunction with the HMC Registered Nurse/Midwife Scope of Practice, the HMC Competency Framework for the Education Track, HMC Code of Leadership Behaviours and the HMC Code of Professional Behaviour and Ethics for Nurses and Midwives.To fulfill the responsibilities summarized above, the Nurse Educator 1 works collaboratively offering informed input in areas associated with education designed for nursing personnel, patient, families and the public, and where appropriate members of wider interdisciplinary team. Their responsibilities include:
Professional and Ethical Practice
– Acts in ways that others can learn and mirror professional responsibility including accountability and appropriate delegation.
– Contributes to the integration of knowledge related to legal and ethical issues of patient nurse education into the design and implementation of education activities, policies and procedures related to patients and families, learners, faculty, and the educational environment.
– Functions as an advocate for evidence-based, person-centred nursing and/or patient education practice.
– Ensures institutional trends, issues and agendas associated with education for patients and families and/or nurses are prioritized.
– Demonstrates competent communication skills when giving feedback on performance and/or exploring diagnostic or prognostic information.
– Works with learners to identify their needs and preferred styles to maximize learning.
– Develops a range of skills to support learning and assessment.
Leadership and Management
– Supports members of the clinical team in order to nurture their skills and capabilities, assure familiarity with policies and procedures associated with care and guide their development.
– Works within a framework of professional integrity use strategies to shape and implement change.
– Collaborates with nursing colleagues, patients, families and the public, and the wider healthcare team to influence curriculum and deliver activity.
– Contributes to enhancement of the clinical learning environment.
– Models professional behaviour including involvement in personal professional development, engagement in lifelong learning, and develop skills in the dissemination of information through publication, presentations, advocacy and representation.
– Provides high quality learning and teaching activities, materials and presentations based on sound educational principles, evidence and/or theory under supervision/as delegated.
Education, Learning and Development
– Integrates corporate philosophy and mission, current nursing and healthcare trends and best practice in order that patients and families achieve optimum health and/or staff function effectively.
– Uses educational theory, analysis of real world contexts and best available evidence to inform teaching activities.
– Engages with issues/concerns raised by learners or staff in clinical practice and work with others to assist in reaching a resolution.
– Participates in evaluating educational activity and auditing the clinical learning environment in order to identify gaps and needs and devise action plans where necessary.
Research and Improvement
– Identifies learning needs of learners and develops and assesses the quality of education activity in order to improve learning.
– Exhibits a spirit of enquiry related to teaching and learning, learner development, evaluation and aspects of the educator role.
– Shows interest in improvement methodology and/or patient safety initiatives.
||Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
||Medical/Hospital; Healthcare, other; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Nursing Educator I – Hamad Medical Corporation بكل سهولة الان مجانا.