The primary function of the Oil & Gas Lab Manager is to ensure that all laboratory operations are performed in a safe, accurate & timely manner in accordance with ISO17025.
As the location currently face many business growths opportunities, ALS Arabia Biyaq search for a manager that will oversee the day to day Oil & Gas laboratory operation on the one hand, and will help to boost future profitable growth by providing service excellence, operational performance improvements and good technical support to business development. Accountability includes achieving the budgeted financial performance and ensuring adherence to ALS Arabia Biyaq compliance, quality and best practice standards.
Additional responsibilities will be effective management of the team by ensuring all team members are adequately trained in order to deliver a high quality service for the client.
Roles & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Staff management– including monitoring & directing staff to ensure required activities are performed to standards & within appropriate timeframes; undertaking performance reviews & attending to disciplinary matters
- Staff development – including training & competency of the teams assigned to each client; providing coaching & feedback to team members
- Provide continual improvement to laboratory through the implementation or review of analytical processes
- Technical management of the laboratory
- Quality assurance/quality control of all analytical data & processes
- Operational budget management; timesheet & expense reviews of the teams assigned to each client.
- Be prepared to work as required, to ensure all requirements of the position can be fulfilled
- Understand quality management systems & assist in their continued maintenance & improvement in accordance with appropriate standards so that there is continual compliance with standards
- Support, mentor & train new employees
Oil & Gas Lab Manager is required to:
- Follow all company occupational health, safety and environmental requirements & adhere to all OHSE legislative requirements
- Maintain a clean & orderly work area at all times
- Report all hazards, near misses, injuries & incidents immediately to the Business Manager/General Manager
- Set a personal example in safe work practices at all times & actively participate in safety improvement activities
- Perform all work duties in a manner which ensures the health & safety of themselves & others
- Be responsible for constantly examining work environment for hazards that could lead to an injury or incident & promptly initiate corrective action
- Ensure that all policies, procedures & safe work practices are followed at all times
Business Ethics & Conduct Responsibilities
Oil & Gas Lab Manager is required to adhere to & promote the intent & specific directives contained in the Business Ethics & Conduct Policy, including but not limited to:
- Company assets & information
- Business hospitality
- Professional standards including communication & cooperation, personal appearance, privacy of employee records & information.
|Job Location:||Muscat, Oman|
|Job Role:||Oil and Gas|