Operational Risk Manager (Institutional Oversight) – HSBC
To act as Second Line of Defense for all Institutional businesses of HSBC SA & ensure that internal controls at both first and second lines are managed as per HSBC SA standards and are in line with HSBC SA’s Risk Appetite and local regulatory (CMA) standards wherever possible.
• Help and shoulder Senior Manager Operational Risk reinforce and monitor adherence to HSBC SA’s operational risk management framework that spans throughout all HSBC SA businesses and includes all products, activities, processes and systems.
• Help and shoulder Senior Manager Operational Risk in overseeing the OpR framework as second line of defense and work closely with him in ensuring Business Risk and Control Managers are effectively delivering their duties as first line of defense. It involves conducting checks on their work and ensuring on-going effectiveness through review of their control monitoring activities.
• Undertakes analysis on quality of work conducted at the first & second lines of defence on an ongoing basis & identifies areas of concern.
• Work with BRCMs with different skill sets to ensure first line of defense is effective.
• Lead when instructed by the Senior Manager Operational risk to perform any specific targeted/themed reviews or special investigations.
•Oversee the (RCA) Risk and Control Assessment activities conducted by the Institutional businesses and other support functions of HSBC SA and provide guidance & support to the BRCMs in assessing their business operational risks and where required challenge their RCA’s.
•Undertake Riskmap / Heatmap / KRI’s / RAS submission for the relevant HSBC SA businesses to be submitted for the monthly ORWG and RMC. (Request data, challenge flaws if any, ensure rating is appropriately assessed based on defined thresholds & challenge if required. Consolidate all responses & complete the relevant templates, including their commentaries and submit to Senior Manager Operational Risk. Ensure justification is provided by businesses for risks that are rated Amber or RED).
•Keep regular interactions with the relevant business BRCMs by formally meeting them on a Bi-Weekly basis, discuss overdue issues and actions, overdue internal control reviews, unrecorded incidents/near misses/operational losses in the risk system (ORION/Helios) and challenge any weaknesses noted in the first line. Minute the meeting and circulate to all BRCMs & Senior Manager Operational Risk.
•Ensure RCAs are reviewed as and when any alerts are received from internal/external sources, HSBC Group or any of its affiliates, upon identification of weaknesses by internal / external auditors, FCC & RC monitoring, ISR/SFR breaches identified etc
•Ensure Issues and Actions are created by BRCMs for all weaknesses identified during business self-assessment of their risks (MSII’s), internal control reviews conducted by the BRCMs, ISR breaches noted by ISR/SFR and for Audit and Compliance Identified Issues (AII & CII).
•Ensure BRCMs in their relevant businesses are performing their first line activity effectively by ensuring mitigating controls are working effectively through their periodical monitoring of the key risks facing their relevant businesses based on their yearly monitoring plan (ICMP).
•Ensure BRCMs are reporting incidents upon identification and escalating to senior management, discussing these at the BRCM forum and submitting the required reports for the ORWG and RMC Packs.
•Ensure that DRP/BRP is complete for Operational Risk function and update changes if any to the BIA and ensure BRP/DRP site for Operational Risk is up and running. Act as the prime contact for all BRP related issues and participate in the BRP testing. Escalate deficiencies noted if any during the BRP test and raise it to ISR and Senior Manager Operational Risk.
||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
||Accounting and Auditing
التقدم للوظيفة الان
أنشئ سيرتك الذاتية الآن و تواصل على الفور مع أكبر و أفضل الشركات اون لاين. إنشائك لسيرة ذاتية على موقع المازن.كوم هي الوسيلة الأكثر فعالية للحصول على الوظيفة Operational Risk Manager (Institutional Oversight) – HSBC بكل سهولة الان مجانا.