The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2007, IRC has worked with refugees and other vulnerable populations in Jordan. Working in coordination with the humanitarian community and the Government of Jordan, the IRC's assistance programs for Syrian refugees in Jordan include both camp-based (Zaatari, and Azraq camps) and urban-based refugee assistance (Mafraq, Ramtha, Irbid). Our current child protection activities are exclusively camp-based with a focus on unaccompanied and separated children in Azraq Camp
The Para Case Worker Shift B/C will play a significant role in ensuring that needed care and support are provided to unaccompanied and separated children and adolescents hosted in IRC Reception Area in Azraq Camp in accordance with IRC policies, tools and procedures
1. The Child Protection Para Case Worker is responsible to document new cases cases, identify needed support and develop action plan for the child
2. Ensure that UASC are accessing all needed available services provided by IRC and/or other organization operating in Azraq Refugee Camp
3. Ensure the safety and security of UASC hosted in IRC Reception Area, Azraq Camp, in accordance with IRC’s security procedures and policies
4. Support in the organization and implementation of recreational and psychosocial activities inside the Reception Area as well as Parenting Center in V02 Azraq Refugee Camp
5. Ensure liaison with community members and provide support to community meetings and Focus Group Discussions (FGD)
6. Coordinate individual daily care plans for UASC children and adolescent hosted inside the Reception Area.
7. Ensure the involvement of UASC in IRC approved information, community-based educational, social, health, recreational programs/activities
8. Directly work with Team Leader Shift B/C to ensure the delivery of UAC case-plans to UASC
9. Any other Child Protection task as required
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Team Leader Shift B/C
Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Case Workers Shift A, Data Officer, Adolescent Officer, Program/Admin Officer
External: Partner agencies inside the camp, FPD, SRAD.
|Job Location:||Zarqa, Jordan|
|Company Industry:||Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit|
|Career Level:||Entry Level|